Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
16 posts Page 1 of 2
The crummy camera strap on my Kodak Z712is broken beyond repair. Kodak doesn't sell replacements for it or the USB cable that quit working a month after I got the camera. My experience with Kodak has been horrible to say the least and I have already started saving up for a new camera because this one sucks! :evil:

Anyway - I really need to get a good replacement because I'm sure having the camera hit the ground when the strap broke didn't help it's problems with focus at all.

Where do you go for accessories?
When I bought my Canon XTi I hated the stiff strap that came with it. I went down to a local camera shop to get a new one, because I wanted to "try it on" my neck to make sure it was comfortable. The one I got is a Tamrac and it has two small pockets in it where I keep an extra battery and an extra memory card. I really like it. I don't know the model number, though.
Diana

Happiness is not having what you want, but wanting what you have.

~ Canon Rebel XTi ~ WinXP ~ PSE 5.0 ~ Pro Show Gold ~ Photoshop 6.0 ~
Jane,

Found this page on Adorama. If this isn't what your looking for, you could probably find something for a Kodak almost anywhere including Wal-Mart.
Gary
D7000, D90, D200 ...and plenty of lenses.
"[i]Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.[/i]"
Jane, here is a link to a page I had book marked from PET when someone asked about neck straps a few months ago. I think it was Rob Pendedragon that had posted this one and loved it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FG ... 21-1302338

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Thanks - I've tried walmart with no sucess they didn't have any - so much for a super store! I'll take a look at those links too. I might just have to break away from here long enough to make a trip into the city. :cry:
Jane, just a thought but you could try eBay too. May even find the one that came with the camera or one similar and better.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Hi Jane,
I'm not sure how big your camera is but if you're looking for a comfy strap this one is it. The Salem Best Buy had it in stock when I bought mine but you might check availability at your store.
Best Buy Lowepro
Wags,
I really like the Lowepro straps for comfort and safety of the camera. Lowepro have a great variety of straps for the camer user. If you go to the Lowpro site it will give the dealers in the Willamette Valley.
http://www.lowepro.com/where_to_buy/dealers_us_city.asp

John
It's just a small wannabe DSLR. Looks like there might be a place in Albany, otherwise the next closest place is Best Buy in Salem. Thanks for the info!

ETA - just ordered from Best Buy - it was on sale and I got free shipping! I really didn't want to go out in this storm anyway! We are getting gusts up to 60 mph on the ridge where I live.
Wags:
I can make you one in leather, if you want with foam in the neck area, with your name or your camera brand on it. Just send me the old one for me to take the measurements. email me at diego@dondiegoleather.com
Shalom,
Don
A well conseived image is a poem written with light.
PSE6 - Lightroom - CS3 - Win-Vista -Epson 7800
Nikon D80 - D-700 - Canon G9
http://www.condeimaging.com
16 posts Page 1 of 2