Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Howdy:
I'm considering buying an i Mac with 24" screen.
Is that a good machine?
How about the quality of the monitor?
Thank's for the help.
Shalom,
Don
A well conseived image is a poem written with light.
PSE6 - Lightroom - CS3 - Win-Vista -Epson 7800
Nikon D80 - D-700 - Canon G9
http://www.condeimaging.com
Great machine; great screen; get a minimum of 2 GB Ram. You'll love it. I'd been a die hard Windows user for years until I got an iMac at work last year. Now I really, really want one for home, too. :cheer2:
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
I always had a mac but switched because most programs were not compatible with mac. The stuff I needed to do the work at church were not mac compatible. If I do get the chance to change again I will go back to a I Mac. My daughter has a new I Mac and just loves it.
my 2 cents worth
Tina B
Last October I bought an iMac 24 and I love it.

I started using Windows machine 10 years ago. We still have a Windows XP machine in the house. I use it every now and then. However, I hate using it because the iMac machine is a lot better.

Russ
Thank you for your comments.
I just find out after days of research that the iMac24 monitor do not calibrate properly and Apple wont do a thing about it. If you want total control you will have to buy an Apple cinema monitor conect it to the iMac and calibrate the cinema display but the iMac screen wont take proper calibration. To properly calibrate you have to bring the adjustment to 150 and the iMac screen won't go down that far. I got this from a good friend that make a living doing graphic work and is a Mac man since 1985. He bought one and had to connect a cinema screen to be able to calibrate, as we all know monitor calibration is critical for both photography and graphics work.

Therefore I desided to stick with Window and ordered a Dell SXP420 with a 24" Ultrasharp monitor, 4gig of Ram, 1Tbite of HD in Raid configuration, 512 Nvidia video card and 2- LaCie 500 EHD for backup. A similar setup on Mac would have cost me about $500.00 to $1,000.00 more. I also got 2 years in home service something that Apple do not provide and if they do it will cost an arm and a leg.

Thank you very much for all your help.
Shalom,
Don
That sounds like an AWESOME system! Congratulations. :cheer2:
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Thank you Sunny, the best part is on credit and no interest for a year. :thumbsup:
Shalom,
Don
Wow, I am jealous, Don Diego
8 posts Page 1 of 1