Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
22 posts Page 3 of 3
lowbone wrote: I posted in the other Elements forum but one thing about the xsi. It wont be released for another couple of months and it will be another two or three months after that before it hits the stores. At this time you will be able to buy one for top dolllar. I personally would never buy a newly released camera until it has been in stores at least three or four months. Too many hooror stories about new production models.

Thank you for your response here, and at the Village. Your thoughts about waiting a few months do sound valid. I have read a tiny bit about problems before with new model problems as soon as they hit the store shelves. So.... I don't really know what I am going to do just yet. The XSi does sound promising! Do i want to wait 4-6 months? Probably not. We will see....
Charles

Inspeqtor's Gallery
Canon XSi - 18-55mm IS lens - 70-300 IS USM lens
PSE5 / PSE6
WinXP - Pentium 4 CPU 2.4GHz - 1.0GB Ram
Friday my wife and I went to the local camera store and talked with the owner about DSLR's and boy am I glad we did! I learned a few good things. A couple I wanted to share with you folks.

I asked about some accessories that are common, and he showed us a couple that I really liked, both made by the same manufacturer; Delkin Devices. http://www.delkin.com/products/ One is a pop-up shade for viewing the LCD screen in bright sunlight, that was awesome! There are models made for most popular DSLR cameras. Many cameras of course have buttons around that area, but Delkin took this into consideration, and put buttons on the plate that would cover the camera buttons, so you still have the same buttons available! Also you will see from the website, if you order the PRO version you will stiull have the rubber eye cup that came with your camera.

I also asked about the dust problem on sensors, he showed me a Sensor Scope that you can put on the camera with lights, and look at the sensor magnified to see the dust! It comes with a cleaning kit to clean the dust off.

After looking at the Pop-up Shades online, I saw they make some for P&S cameras as well, and I ordered one Friday afternoon for my wife's camera. I was shocked to get an email about 3 hours later to find they already had it at UPS with a tracking number!!!! I was IMPRESSED to say the least! It will be here this coming Thursday :)
Charles

Inspeqtor's Gallery
Canon XSi - 18-55mm IS lens - 70-300 IS USM lens
PSE5 / PSE6
WinXP - Pentium 4 CPU 2.4GHz - 1.0GB Ram
22 posts Page 3 of 3