Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Has anyone ever updated their firmware on their camera. I have the canon rebel 350 and have not done it at all. Is it easy to do?? If anyone can give me step by step instructions I would be ever so grateful.
Suzi, I've updated firmware on a few occasions. Is there a firmware update for your 350 that you want/need to install?

Just answered my own question:

http://web.canon.jp/imaging/eosdigital2 ... are-e.html

Following the accompanying directions EXACTLY is a must!! :)
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
Chuck, I have had this camera for 2 1/2 years now and never been updated. There was one in Dec of 2007 that fixes a problem with using the remote. I have had problems with the remote so thought this could be helpful. I am really nervous about doing this..hate to mess up my camera. So any help would be great
Suzi, the directions at the link I gave you are really among the clearest I've ever seen. I would print them out and follow them step by step. It's really pretty straightforward; you're basically putting an executable file on a memory card, then running it in the camera to replace what's on the camera's flash memory. As the directions tell you, you need to use a formatted card; the smallest one you have will do because the file is tiny. After you've successfully performed the installation, you'll want to format that card again so it doesn't try to install the update a second time.

Other than that, it's no big deal and you'll do fine!
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
Thank you, Chuck. I will print them out right away.
5 posts Page 1 of 1