Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
DW always laughs at me saying, "You are so dumb, so easy to please, no idea of what exists in stores --- I love it because you are, thus, so easy to shop for!"

Well - I found the coolest thing in a camera store this past weekend. And, Woo Hoo, it cost less than ten dollars. How about a collapsible rubber lens hood!

Sorta reminds me of when I was a Boy Scout and had a collapsible drinking cup ;)

You can start off with it "flat" (top image) and, then, if you find yourself pointing close to the sun, just grab an edge and pull out. It pops open (bottom image).

And, this soft rubber really gives you a good protective bumper on the end of your lens.

OK, many of you will wonder what century I live in. You, like DW, have known about this for years. I still think it's pretty darned slick! :lol:

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Rusty,

I had (have!) one of those on my old Pentax SLR. I also liked the "bumper" effect!

Byron
I obviously need retraining.
I have no idea how I have two threads.

Rusty

Rusty, I advise keeping that "new-fangled" ;) lens hood on and extended at all times-not just when near the sun. As an experiment put your camera on a tripod pointing away from sun and take 1 shot with and one without the hood and compare. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. :idea:
OK, Linda,
I now have a To Do Project :) I'll let you know

Rusty

Rusty,
These are especially good when shooting thru glass; they form a seal that keeps reflections out.
Hey Ron, great to see you join us.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Hi Ron,

Great to see you show up here on the forum.

John
8 posts Page 1 of 1