Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
15 posts Page 1 of 2
This is open to anyone that would like to participate. We are following the 12 Photography lessons that were posted on twopeasinabucket.

Here is the link: http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/cg_ ... d_id=26134
We are on lesson #2.

you may post your images using Pixentral. http://www.pixentral.com/index.php
(you may want to bookmark the site)
use save for web and resize so you largest size is no larger than 700 pixels.
upload you file...

You can post the top link out of the top address or for a thumbnail you can copy the address under the picture that says forum. Usually a 3 click on the address, will highlight the entire address. Ctrl C to copy, Ctrl V to paste.
If you are new here... feel free to look around. We focus on improving and changing your photography.

Now Post away..... :woohoo:
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
This stuff is good, Kimi,
As I read the instructions my first thought is, "I know that". But, like anything else, when you actually follow the instructions and do it, you get a little better :D And, WOW, when I got to the bit called Exposure Meter, that was an AHA Moment! The Nikon manual calls this Electronic Analog Exposure Display. Well, OK. The explanation in here is a heck of a lot better than what the manual gave me. I actually know what I'm doing now (sort of) :biggrin:

I thought the differences between the two at each end would have been more obvious (typo in the last one, it is 1/1000, not 1/100)

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
oh cool Rusty!!
I am really hoping that pushing myself to do these assignments will help me to better understand my camera.
I have to say, there are things that would be more fun to play at.... but this needs to be done.

I am on night phone duty and not sure if I have time to play outside with the camera but I will get it done within the next few days. Glad to see you stepped up!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Here's my try at week 2. I have two different shots. Hope it's o.k. to post both. I didn't have a kitchen sink, (I wish), so I tried a more powerful "faucet". This is shot on shutter priority at 1/80.
Here's my second shot on shutter priority at 1/1000. I was loosing light, (it's "fun" to use that term) so this shot was darker had to lighten some.
My first shot is at 400 ISO shutter priority 1/80.
My second shot is at 400 iso shutter priority 1/1000/
My third shot was also at 400 ISO, SHUtter priority at 1/800. This is my preference.
Hi Donna. I haven't done mine yet. Good for you!! :woohoo:
I have to admit I don't use shutter priority much so it will be a good lesson for me.
I liked the slower speed in yours were the water is not so crisp. I guess it depends on the circumstances.
Good things to know! :biggrin: :biggrin:
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
I agree about slower shutter, Kimi,
It can produce a smooth look. This is what 1/4th of a second can do
http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/image/728534/19932

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Rusty... I was mesmerized by it..... :biggrin:

my favorite colors are gold and red and this image has both. I would love to see you find a way to bring out the red. Truly a fantastic image!!!
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
15 posts Page 1 of 2