Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
This is open to anyone that would like to participate. We are following the 12 Photography lessons that were posted on twopeasinabucket.

Here is the link: http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/cg_ ... d_id=26134
We are on lesson #4.

you may post your images using Pixentral. http://www.pixentral.com/index.php
(you may want to bookmark the site)
use save for web and resize so you largest size is no larger than 700 pixels.
upload you file...

You can post the top link out of the top address or for a thumbnail you can copy the address under the picture that says forum. Usually a 3 click on the address, will highlight the entire address. Ctrl C to copy, Ctrl V to paste.
If you are new here... feel free to look around. We focus on improving and changing your photography.

Now Post away.....
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
I was surprised at not a single post on last week's lesson for week #3. I'm not sure if that means everybody knows everything there is to know about white balance of if I'm just a lousy substitute. Kimi is likely to decide I was a bad choice for a pinch hitter :o

Week #4 is concerned with Flash Photography. I'll start things off with a simple example. These were taken last week at a church function.

Flash.jpg
Flash.jpg (163.24 KiB) Viewed 1211 times

#1 shows the typical result of an on-camera flash: close to the subject + a background right behind = harsh shadows. #2 is a similar setup: close to subject and a background wall right behind. In this case, I tilted the flash up at a 45-degree angle so the light bounced off the acoustical tile ceiling and then, diffused, back down to light the subject. #3 is direct flash, just like #1, with care taken to see that there was nothing right behind the subjects to show the shadows from the flash. This is a solution, even with a P&S camera, when you can't direct the flash or take time to pose your subject(s). #3 is not as good as #2, but better than #1.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Can't see your example, Rusty. I did last week's but haven't posted yet. Been busy preparing for my trip. Will try to get them posted this afternoon.
I PLEDGE to catch up on all missed lessons as soon as this week is over. :wave:

My life will be a little more normal by then. Don't give up on us Rusty!! :wave:
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
I edited the post, Suzi, I had screwed up the uploaded file.

Rusty
I know I'm 4 weeks behind and I just found what ya'll are doing. Going to try and catch up, or at least, get near by.

I think I've needed this since I went digital.

My Photo vision has come back ( a long story and I may tell it one day) so, if I can find time in my daily routine, I still work about 10 hours a day, I should be able to catch up to ya'll

Thanks to all who are helping put this on ( you both Rusty and Kim Boo).

Bob
6 posts Page 1 of 1