Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
22 posts Page 2 of 3
Ken Rockwell likes the 55-200 VR lens and the 18-200 is one of his favs. (But the 18-200 costs more than the camera!) He also recommends the D40 over the D40x or the D60.
Jane you are going to have so much fun. No attacking the UPS person when it is delivered. They are trained to drop, ring and run.........but if you hide in the bushes you can surprise them!

RonH
Before I was just tired now I'm retired!
http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/23789
There aren't any bushes for me to hide behind - fortunately I have a great UPS guy who has gotten used to my excited antics. The Fed Ex guy still isn't too sure about me, but he is new on the route - he'll get used to it. :rotfl:
Lucky you, Jane! I would be peeing my pants already!!! Wish I had the budget for one. Can you lend me your FIL???
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
Amazing how grandchildren change things :D - it's his way of expressing appreciation for my giving him grandchildren and keeping him supplied with lots of pictures.
Tsk...mine don't seem to be as appreciative of grandchildren. Or the digital photo frame loaded with pics we gave them for Christmas.
Reka
ImageMOM

That's a shame! Mine are the only bloodline grandkids - and my son the only male heir. And everyone believed me when I said I was never going to have kids - so when we surprised them with the news that I was pregnant 10+ years after we were married it took my FIL a day or two to get over the shock. He didn't say anything other than "oh.... oh.... for a couple of hours. :D
:rotfl: :biggrin: :thumbsup:

In that case, you should be worth more than a camera! :bigwink:
Reka
ImageMOM

They decided a few years ago to spend the kids inheritance on the grandkids. Each of them had 3 adult children when they married - and the are scattered all over the US so MIL/FIL host family reunions that are hard to resist - the next one is a Panama Canal cruise. Yup my kids (and us) are spoiled... :saint:
Oh, yeah...make us even more jealous...Panama Canal cruise. Sheesh! :bigwink: :bigwink:
Reka
ImageMOM

22 posts Page 2 of 3