Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
15 posts Page 2 of 2
hukari wrote: Here, give him a couple of tranquilizers when he gets there (with a good slug of Scotch :toast: ). Better yet, take a few yourself! :biggrin:

Enjoy your toys!

Jane,

Don't give him the blue ones or he might try to give you a special delivery... :doh:

I thought of the online lessons on lighting and making your own lighting from Jodie Coston. Here's the address for the lessons. Lessons 7 and 8 are about lighting.
Gary
D7000, D90, D200 ...and plenty of lenses.
"[i]Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.[/i]"
Jane be nice to the FedEx guy. You might want him to come back someday. Glad to hear you are getting setup. Give the high key white a try. It is a fun effect and allows you to do a lot with clothing and props.

A gold reflector comes in real handy and is great for both indoor and outdoor skin tones. If you didn't get one try a piece of metallic gold foam core or mat board. If will do until you get the reflector

RonH
Before I was just tired now I'm retired!
http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/23789
Believe it or not I still have my photography books from college- 20 something years ago. I held on to them because I figured that sort of thing is timeless. I know there are some tweaks for digi but I'm sure the basics haven't really changed.
I'm glad I not the only one from college that kept my books. :biggrin: It is so nice to hear that you studio is coming together.

John :thumbsup:
According to the tracking it will arrive before the camera does! Going to be torture waiting for the camera to show up.
15 posts Page 2 of 2