Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
37 posts Page 1 of 4
So, we didn't yet have a thread on this important piece of equipment. (And, coincidentally, it is a piece of equipment I am looking for. :wink: :saint: )

So tell us all for all posterity:

Which bag do you use?

Edit: What gear do you use it for?

What do you especially like about it?

Does it have any disadvantages?

Would you buy this brand or type again if you needed a new one?
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
Reka - check this out..........very cool looking.

http://shootsac.com/
http://shootsacblog.com/
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Hi Reka,

Recently I posted on my blog "the quest for the perfect bag". Hope it helps! :biggrin:

http://firstlightimagesphotography.com/ ... /beid/2485

Good luck on you search for the perfect bag.
Let me know what bag you decide to get as I can always use a new bag. :thumbsup:

John
Hi Reka,
This could be an interesting thread. Obviously, there's no such thing as the "best" bag, or even the best style.

I've got a Tamrac "Adventure 74" which suits me pretty well. I like carrying a backpack better than a traditional "camera bag", but maybe that's because I've always carried a day pack to work, with all my stuff in it (a Guy Purse, actually :biggrin: ) and I'm comfortable with that way of carrying
If money would allow it, I'd probably have a whole closetful of bags. As it is, I've got the one I just mentioned and a traditional style bag that's so old I don't remember the manufacturer. There' no tag on it, so it's probably not a Big Name.

Lowepro has a bazillion nice bags in different styles. Here's Adorama's selection, which is easier to browse than the Lowepro website.

Get your hands on as many bags as you can and see how they feel, and maybe envision how your equipment will fit inside.

Have fun,
Steve
My Gallery: Mostly In Focus
The Owl of Minerva takes wing only at dusk
Chacon a son gout,
(sorry, don't know all the keystrokes for the proper accent marks 8-) )

I don't like backpacks; I didn't even want a "bag". At some point you have to accept reality -- too much stuff that needs to be at hand. I was looking for something like a big (but handy) "belt bag". I found it in my favorite camera store -- just love full-service camera stores w/clerks that know the product. I told the guy, "I'm looking for ... description", and he immediately said, "Well, come over here and look at this; is this what you want?" Perfect!

What I have isn't important. What is important is to go to a store that has the full range of stuff on sale --- find whatever you like/want. The one I bought happens to be made by tamrac. That's one of the better and well known brands. Tamrac and Lowenpro are two that should have such a range, you'll be sure to find something that works.

Rusty

PS. whatever you think is "more than big enough", ain't. You will end up wishing you had gotten the one just a little bit bigger.
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
I currently use a MAX of New York huge a$$ purse :| ....but I'm looking for a backpack customed designed to match my logo colors that will hold my laptop, and 3 of my lenses, and both cameras. um, asking too much??????
deedeeO wrote: I currently use a MAX of New York huge a$$ purse :| ....but I'm looking for a backpack customed designed to match my logo colors that will hold my laptop, and 3 of my lenses, and both cameras. um, asking too much??????

Denise, I hope you don't mind, but I don't think I'll be looking at that Max Purse as a candidate for my next bag..... :D Just don't think it would be my style....
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
Chuck, I think they probably have at least one to match you favorite outfit.............
RonH
Before I was just tired now I'm retired!
http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/23789
Yeah, but Chuck,

think of how you can scam the carry-on limits when you fly as much as you do.
A big a$$ purse should work like a champ!

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Hmmmm, Ron and Rusty, you make some good points.....perhaps I shouldn't be so quick to dismiss the Max! :rotfl:
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
37 posts Page 1 of 4