Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
39 posts Page 3 of 4
OK, I do have a serious question. How do you post a photo like Chuck just did without using pixentral on this forum? I am 'assuming' it has something to do with the Img code above.

Thanks
Charles

Inspeqtor's Gallery
Canon XSi - 18-55mm IS lens - 70-300 IS USM lens
PSE5 / PSE6
WinXP - Pentium 4 CPU 2.4GHz - 1.0GB Ram
Charles, at the bottom of the box you type in is a upload attachment ..click on that..then browse to where the image is that you want to upload (it has to be resize to 500 pixels at it largest side).when you find the image click open..then on add the file..lastly click on place inline. That should do it. If you need more help give a holler.
suzib wrote: Charles, at the bottom of the box you type in is a upload attachment ..click on that..then browse to where the image is that you want to upload (it has to be resize to 500 pixels at it largest side).when you find the image click open..then on add the file..lastly click on place inline. That should do it. If you need more help give a holler.

Thank you Suzi. This is a test of the Emergency Broadcast System. Oh, that is a different program!
This is a test to see if I can follow directions!

IMG_0151a.jpg
IMG_0151a.jpg (75.03 KiB) Viewed 561 times

That was simple enough :D

I took this shot of the moon with my XSi last week. I was playing with the settings and liked how the clouds shown in front of the moon!
Charles

Inspeqtor's Gallery
PSE5 / PSE6
Good job, Charles on both the picture and getting it uploaded. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thank you Suzi. I appreciate your kind comments, and I also appreciate your help in teaching me something I did not know!
Charles

Inspeqtor's Gallery
PSE5 / PSE6
You are most welcome, anyway who could resist such a cute little boy!!!
suzib wrote: You are most welcome, anyway who could resist such a cute little boy!!!
:D :D
Charles

Inspeqtor's Gallery
PSE5 / PSE6
suzib wrote: So, LInda, I should put it on the Tv mode, select shutter speed , point at the grass for metering? Now how do I get it to keep that metering it I move the camera around.
Or do I go to manual after I get the shutter speed and aperature and set those values in??? As you can tell I am lost here.

Ok. now that I've quit laughing-I had no idea the xsi had all those neat features!- I can answer your question. Put the camera in manual, not tv. The reason I suggested in your case you decide what shutter speed you want to meter for is that you'd likely be handholding in that situation. If I'm doing macro or scenic work, I pick my aperture in manual and meter to get correct shutter speed for proper exposure. The beauty of this is that the metering doesn't change as you move around unless you decide to change it.
I think I got it..set the shutter speed, point camera at grass, then hit the lock exposure button., right. But one more question, will the aperature change by itself. I thought in manual you had to set everything?? OK, so maybe I am getting more lost. Program looking better all the time.
Suzi, think of program as an "advanced" version of auto.
(I'm using a Nikon but think Canon is the same).

When I set Program the camera sets shutter and aperture and the viewfinder tells me what is set. I turn a little wheel with my thumb and watch those settings change. They will move in tandem. If the shutter changes one stop faster, the aperture will change the other way, one stop "more open". If the shutter moves two stops slower, the aperture changes two stops "smaller". And so on. You just play with it until you see something that "works" for you.

If you are going to use Manual you first have to figure out what settings you want to use. It doesn't really matter whether you use Program, Aperture or Shutter to find out what those settings are. Once you figure out, let's say, 1/125th at f/8 is supposed to work ... then you switch to Manual and make those two settings. Now it doesn't matter which way you point the camera or whether your view now includes some bright or dark areas, those two settings will be maintained.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
39 posts Page 3 of 4