Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
39 posts Page 2 of 4
:cheer2: Way to go Suzi! Shooting some manual :cheer2: . A tip for on the go people shots in manual is to select pre-select shutter speed and meter the exposure off something mid-tone in the same light, such as grass. Unless the light changes just keep shooting away.
So, LInda, I should put it on the Tv mode, select shutter speed , point at the grass for metering? Now how do I get it to keep that metering it I move the camera around.
Or do I go to manual after I get the shutter speed and aperature and set those values in??? As you can tell I am lost here.
Suzi, that's one approach. You could also choose Tv and your shutter speed, point at the grass, press the exposure lock, re-frame your picture and shoot.
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
I have seen the Tv selection on my new XSi, but I am having a real hard problem getting DishNetwork to work on the LCD screen of my camera! I have yet to learn how to get all the satellite channels to come in!
I have found the video output location, but I have not yet found where the video INput is! :biggrin:
Charles

Inspeqtor's Gallery
Canon XSi - 18-55mm IS lens - 70-300 IS USM lens
PSE5 / PSE6
WinXP - Pentium 4 CPU 2.4GHz - 1.0GB Ram
Charles....

:rotfl: :rotfl:
Chuck
Oh Charles, DH wanted to know what was so funny to me!! Thanks for the laugh!
Charles, I figured out how to get that Tv mode to work!

Not much choice of channels - still working on that..... :D

TV-Hookup.jpg
TV-Hookup.jpg (108.93 KiB) Viewed 522 times
Chuck
I am gonna be in big trouble if I don't quit reading this thread tonight, DH is trying to sleep!!
Darn!! Nikon's don't have Tv mode! :rotfl:
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Chuck! I see you got it working on your 40D!!! I am really jealous! Leave it to Beaver used to be a favorite show when I was a kid too! :rotfl:
Charles

Inspeqtor's Gallery
Canon XSi - 18-55mm IS lens - 70-300 IS USM lens
PSE5 / PSE6
WinXP - Pentium 4 CPU 2.4GHz - 1.0GB Ram
39 posts Page 2 of 4