Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Okay, my D40 has been delivered! Unfortunately, I am still thousands of miles away from the delivery location. :sad:

Another question...I have downloaded the user's manual and it seems to be pretty self-explanatory. Has anyone ever ordered a book specific to the D40 (or your model) and is it worth it? :thanks:
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
Hi Reka,

Check out the this book on Amazon, Nikon D40/D40x Digital Field Guide by David D. Busch
A Nikon friend was raving about this book.

John :wave:
I also have his book for the D70/D70s. It has been quite helpful. Lays things out a lot better than the owner's manual does.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Thanks for the tip. Luckily, it is one of the "Search Inside" books at Amazon and it looks pretty good. :thanks:
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
Reka,
Several years ago I bought a manual for my Nikon Coolpix 5700. It's one of Dennis Curtin's "short course" books.
http://www.shortcourses.com He may have a manual written for your camera.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
hukari wrote: Okay, my D40 has been delivered! Unfortunately, I am still thousands of miles away from the delivery location. :sad:

Another question...I have downloaded the user's manual and it seems to be pretty self-explanatory. Has anyone ever ordered a book specific to the D40 (or your model) and is it worth it? :thanks:

I have the Digital Field Guide by David D. Busch for my Nikon D80 and absolutely love it. Its my favorite handbook and I carry it around in my camera bag. All the other books sit on my bookshelf collecting dust.
Charlotte,
Welcome back,long time no see....How was the trip to Las Vegas? Sure hope you had a good time.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Mr. Busch is certainly a prolific writer - I just purchased his "Canon EOS 40D Guide to Digital Photography"...! Wonder if he has a cadre of ghost writers...?
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
8 posts Page 1 of 1