Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
I'm starting the think I sold my camera for less than I should have. I had a Canon Elan 7e with quantaray 28-200 3.5-5.8. I had it at my garage sale for $150 but am letting it go for $125. ( the guy gave me $25 now and will come back with the rest and get the camera). I think I should have stuck with the 150 but need to get rid of it since I just picked up the XSi 2 days ago. I know the lens isn't good but did I let it go too cheap? If I did and the guys comes back can I just give him his $25 back and say I changed my mind?
I probably should post this on another board but I don't know where.
Thanks!
I don't have any idea if it's a good price, but you might want to post on this board:

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/

It's all Canon camera buffs, and they seem to know what they're talking about (not that I'd know if they did or they didn't).

Edit:
I see you're already posting on that forum. Did you ask your question there?
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
I looked at some "Canon Elan 7e" on EBay and depending on what is there, it seems to be not for out of line. I dont know your camera and there seems to be some confusion re film/digital.

Having said that, a deal is a deal and you have a payment, so I dont think you can get out of it - at least not cleanly.
John
Thanks for the tip sarch. I found that website yesterday and have been on their snooping around. I didn't see anywhere that they talk about film though, I just saw digital. I wasn't quite sure where my post should go. Any ideas?
meant there instead of their. I hate typos like that 8-)
Electronics are notorious for dropping in value quickly. Considering film is now "passe", I would say you got a fair price.
Why beat yourself up now? It's already sold. Acttually I think you did O.K. Film equipment is desired by only a few people now. I have seen Nikon and Canon professional film bodies go for three to four hundred.
I think you're just suffering from seller's remorse.
Gary
D7000, D90, D200 ...and plenty of lenses.
"[i]Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.[/i]"
My film SLR's - Pentax Spotmatic F and ES II, Canon A-1 and EOS Elan - are living a happy if boring retirement in various closets of my house. Just can't bring myself to part with them. They're being supplemented over time with a variety of first- and second-generation digital P&S's and DSLR's.

Maybe someday they'll all be collector's items. In the meantime, they collect.....dust.
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
9 posts Page 1 of 1