Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
12 posts Page 2 of 2
Thank you all, Mpix do not do work from 2-1/4"negatives they refered me to their parent company. So I went to Burrell Photo lab in Indiana, I have worked with them for many years in the past and their work really rocks.
Thank you all.
Shalom,
Don
A well conseived image is a poem written with light.
PSE6 - Lightroom - CS3 - Win-Vista -Epson 7800
Nikon D80 - D-700 - Canon G9
http://www.condeimaging.com
Hi don,
I use Mpix all the time, and their gallery wraps are fabulous. I've ordered several, two of which were 24x36, and they came back simply stunning and very professional. The wrap width is 1 and 1/2 inches, so you will need a 2" gutter border around the entire periphery of your image. They also cover the back which is very very nice and adds the professional touch to the final product. In addition, they ship it ready to hang....the wire kit is already installed and added to your wrap. Turnaround time is usually within the week.

on another note, I've recently tested another gallery wrap canvas vendor called, Simply Canvas. WOW!!! Just ordered a 30x30 wrap with floating frame. Unbelieveable. I could easily sell this piece starting at $1350........ I also had the honor to speak to Patrick Bates from Simply Canvas this week....and unlike many vendors that do gallery wraps, Simply Canvas (http://www.simplycanvas.com/) uses a dot gain method... the same type of method (gosh is that a word) used in giclee printing; highly recommended when printing with portraits involving skins tones, and the image comes out tact sharp!!!!.....vs the emulsion method (used by many others) which produces a more museum type quality for fine art portraiture; however, this method is terrible for portraits involving skin tones. The coloring may come out skewed regardless of ICC profiling. The turnaround time with Simply Canvas is about 2 weeks, but their quality control and process is superior!!!

With Mpix, you do not need a pro account. With Simply canvas you do, but if you are planning for a gallery setting and selling high end, go with Simply Canvas. I can give you Patrick's contact information if you want to find out more.
12 posts Page 2 of 2