Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
13 posts Page 2 of 2
Andromeda has a nifty little program named lens-doc. It corrects lens distortion and for perspective.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
I find Sigma to have good value lenses. I have a 17-35mm and love it. I just ordered the new 150-500mm with OS. I was looking at the Nikon 70-300 VR at half the price, but when I saw this was coming out I decided to go for the extra reach and extra $$$. I should get it this week. I'll be sure to snap a few off and post them for everyones review.

...but I digress, the 18-200mm with VR, IS, or OS is a very popular lens. Wide angle to telephoto zoom. It's a great travel lens, but like everyone pointed out, distortion is a problem.

Ken Rockwell's reviews are really well done. He's a Nikonian like me, so you're not going to get too much crossing over into Canon lenses except for a few third party makes from Sigma and Tamron.
Gary
D7000, D90, D200 ...and plenty of lenses.
"[i]Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.[/i]"
Angela, don't do it. you're making quite an investment with your XSi, and will lose quality with that lens. If you are going to go with third party, go with Sigma or Tamaron. But, and this is a BIG BUT, try renting the lens that you want to buy first before making the purchase. You'll be much happier in the long run.
13 posts Page 2 of 2