Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
12 posts Page 2 of 2
Canon is not known for their quality control. There is a defect in your cameras circuitry. Make the best of it while your family visits and then tell your dealer that you either want a repair at a Canon repair facility or a new camera. If he gives you any grief then just call Canon, their number should be in your camera manual or look up Canon USA on google and go to customer support. I had trouble with my 40D right off the bat. I called Canon, they sent me a shipping label and replaced the main printed circuit board. The camera has worked like a charm ever since. Turnaround on the repair door to door is usuallyu about ten days
lowbonw,

Thank you for your comments. The camera center will not give me any grief. They really are a very reputable store. I just not sure they will go along with getting another new camera. It is good to know the turnaround time may be as little as 10 days! That is not bad at all :)

I had problems with the camera Friday night as I was about to take the fireworks shots, but since then it has turned on with no more problems. I want it to NOT work one more time before tomorrow morning.
Charles

Inspeqtor's Gallery
Canon XSi - 18-55mm IS lens - 70-300 IS USM lens
PSE5 / PSE6
WinXP - Pentium 4 CPU 2.4GHz - 1.0GB Ram
12 posts Page 2 of 2