Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Finally got it after being on back order. Have to show off. Did this for the camera class. So far I am loving it but the true test will be tonight on how it does with just the lights on.

Wow - I'm impressed! Love the 1.4 DOF. And, I'm sure the teach will be happy with this one. :D

PS - I just ordered the 55-250 IS. Can't wait to get it.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
wwaaaahhhhhhhhh..... I'm too broke to order any new toys! :oops:
anyone wanna buy a house? :rotfl:

The pics looks great Suzi!
I haven't even done this week assignment. Aperture I understand. :love:
(maybe tomorrow)
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Suzi and Kimi - I think this class is probably a little too basic for you. For me, on the other hand, it's just right........wish we were moving along a little faster, though.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Sunny, I can always learn new things and have by doing the classes. Love the lens..it is a very early Birthday present from DH. My birthday is in Jan. You will like the zoom lens. I have the 70/300 and love it. The only draw back is using it at night, you have to pump up the iso so high that you get noise (but noise program can fix that) Would love to get one with a 2.8 aperture but those things are so darn heavy. Wish I could find a light weight one.
go to town girl. Its a great lens!!

Kimi, um, I want a bigger house!!!!
deedeeO wrote: go to town girl. Its a great lens!!

Kimi, um, I want a bigger house!!!!

I'm there for ya babe!!! :woohoo:
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Suzi,

I'm not familiar with the photography class you are taking...
...but, if the current assignment is "aperture", your new 50mm lens is perfect to use for that kind of assignment. You can dial in a great range of settings and watch what happens.

I really like my 50mm f/1.8 and use it quite often.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
That is what the assignment is. Right now I am playing with to see how it does in my family room with the flash. The room has a yellow cast to it and have never been able to get a good shot in here. So far so good. Now if I could just get the lazy puppies to move so I could see what movement does I would be a happy camper. So far it is doing great. Still have the yellow cast(not near as bad) but that is the room not the camera.
9 posts Page 1 of 1