Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
15 posts Page 2 of 2
Some excellent general tips there, but I wish they hadn't gone for the "What camera do you use for landscape photography?" - the answer, from Bill Neill, was, "a Canon 1Ds MkIII" and "Keep it simple". Right, OK, who can give me the $7000 for that camera and some good lenses?
PSE6 on WinXP, Pentax K10d...... and now a Canon G10.

Gallery
geoff, you are 100% right. It alway bather me when they bring down photography to equipment. To me that is advertising and not photography. When you think about it the great masters only had one camera and very few had more than one lens. After 40 years in photography and reading and seen a lot not all. I have yet to see a new Henri Cartier-Bresson. A man that was a prodigy with a Laica and ONE 35mm lens. Today any body can take pictures and with the right connections and the money to travel will become a "Master on his own mind". Now compare todys "masters" talk with this "Quote: "To take a photograph is to align the head, the eye and the heart. It's a way of life." Henri Cartier-Bresson Did he mention his camera?

On the film days you needed to know exposure, understand light and master the print making. So when a guy come along proclaiming that he or she are the new star on the filmament of photography and start talking equipment, you know that star life will be very short live. I alway remember the answer Edward Weston gave when he was asked if he was a professional photographer or something to that efect. He stated, "Im a photographer, nothing more and nothing less." Now to me that's gospel.
Shalom,
Don
A well conseived image is a poem written with light.
PSE6 - Lightroom - CS3 - Win-Vista -Epson 7800
Nikon D80 - D-700 - Canon G9
http://www.condeimaging.com
On the film days you needed to know exposure, understand light and master the print making.

I agree with Don's statements above and with Geoff. But, where I find most of the tips and techniques to be of value is learning to apply what I can using the equipment I have. In the NYIP course I am still trying to finish, they have repeated "Its not the equipment, but the photographer that makes a great picture" (or something very close to that) many times over.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Reported the above post
deleted it Shari, thanks

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
15 posts Page 2 of 2