Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
14 posts Page 1 of 2
I am a new to posting but have been enjoying picking up tips and tricks from this board for a while now. I wish I had more time to edit my photos and post more often...hopefully someday soon!

I was hoping some of you could help point me in the right direction here. At the farmer's market this weekend I saw a photographer selling his prints that were printed onto small canvas boxes. They were probably no more than 5x5 inches, maybe an inch or so deep. He told me he did send them out for printing and only took the photos himself, and for some reason at the time I did not think it was appropriate to ask him who he used to print onto the canvas.

I would love to try this on some of my nature shots and have searched the web up and down for a company I could use. I saw many places that will print the photos onto canvas and do the "gallery wrap" style (I like these too, and have one like this that is very large), but all of the sites I came up with listed 8x10 as their smallest size. I'd love some smaller cubes like this man had. Also, he was selling them for around $20, and all of the websites I saw had prices starting at around $40 for 8x10's. What I am looking for is something smaller and less expensive.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I could do this or who I could use? I'd appreciate any help! Thanks so much.
Hi Sarah, welcome to the forum. The only things on canvas I've seen have been the gallery wraps. Hopefully someone else will be able to help you. Hope to see you around here soon.

Anita
http://www.bagsoflove.co.uk/cubes/photo-cube.aspx
I found this place that will print on cubes. I have not used them or know of anyone who has but it looks intereting.
Tina B
Welcome to the forum, Sarah. Do you know how deep these boxes are, will help in my searching
He may have actually printed on canvas and made the boxes himself. Might explain how was able to get cost down.
Yes, there's no major problem if you want to print on canvas nowadays, though you'd need a quality printer - needn't be that expensive, though. Epson 2400 is around the $800 mark and 4800 a little more, Special canvas designed for inkjet printers like the aforementioned can be bought in long rolls - for example, 40ft (about 12m) is only around $60.
PSE6 on WinXP, Pentax K10d...... and now a Canon G10.

Gallery
"http://www.bagsoflove.co.uk/cubes/photo-cube.aspx
I found this place that will print on cubes. I have not used them or know of anyone who has but it looks intereting."
I have heard a lot about these guys, they put emphasis on quality so I would trust them
They offer a free Image checker as well

http://www.bagsoflove.co.uk/yourphotos/ ... ecker.aspx
The bagsoflove cube looks a lot like it! The difference was that this artist only had one photo showing, and the rest of the box was painted black. It was not a perfect cube, but rather 5x5 by two inches deep or so. (I think I originally said one inch, but after thinking about it now I realize they were a little deeper...but still not quite a perfect cube). But I really like look of the cube, too. Thanks so much for referring me to this site. I see it is based in the UK...need to take a closer look and see what shipping to the US would be like.

I don't think I am quite ready to invest in a printer that could handle canvas, but I am glad to know that is an option. I do agree that this would be the most cost-effective, but was seeking ideas about websites b/c the artist also said he outsourced the job. Suzib, as I said, the boxes were about 2 inches deep, so if you see anything like this I'd love to hear about it.

Thank you all so much for your help and your welcomes! I really appreciate it.
By the sounds of it, it seems to me that he made the boxes and put the picture on himself. Most canvas wraps are done around the sides also. There is a photo paper called canvas that will give you the look of canvas also. I have used it several times are it comes out looking really good.
Roxann, welcome to the forum also.
Interesting post. Welcome to both Sarah3 & Roxann. It's good to have you here.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
14 posts Page 1 of 2