Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
I have a Pentax K100D. When I look inside my viewfinder, I do not "see" an exposure meter. I have looked through my manual several times to see if I can change a setting but can't find anything. Probably right in front of my nose but can't find it. Would appreciate any info or advice.
frustrated,
dreese
I have googled searched and can't find a thing, except reference to a battery. Don't know if this is any help at all.
Maybe this review of the K100 may help?
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/PentaxK100D/page7.asp
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
I wanted to say... wait my friend has one and she is not real happy with it. :oops:

Hi Donna! :wave:
If all else fails, why don't you bring it to the meeting, with your manual and give it to Tommy to play with. He seemed somewhat familiar with your controls.
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
I hope that review left it out, but if you look at page 2: Specifications, it lists everything in the viewfinder in the "Viewfinder Info" box a little over half way down that page. On the bottom of Page 3: Body and Design, there is a picture of the viewfinder and it is not there, either. I'd be a whole lot more interested in knowing if I was metering properly rather than knowing how many more pictures I can take.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
I don't know anything about a Pentax but try switching your "shooting mode".
Are you by chance in Auto? Maybe they don't show exposure info in all modes.

Just a thought.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Thanks for all the info. I took my camera into the camera store and they figured it out. My camera doesn't show a meter like I was familiar with on my film camera. It only shows a number such as 00 being exposed
correctly and then shows numbers with a plus or minus in front of the number to show over exposure or under exposure. Yuck....don't like that at all.
Thanks
dreese
7 posts Page 1 of 1