Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
13 posts Page 2 of 2
Suzi, This is how I would crop it. If you want a guide for cropping by thirds, just turn on grid and in preferences do 33% with a subdivision of one. This crop puts the bee on the intersection of lines in the upper left of image. I also added a vignette (under filter>correct lens distortion) to darken the edges and used the lasso to select,feather and copy the bee to a new layer where I put an omni spotlight on it and dialed back the layer opacity to make the bee stand out more.
1wGXDzazFq79HrbEVEaqodEprvo_thumb.jpg
1wGXDzazFq79HrbEVEaqodEprvo_thumb.jpg (49.41 KiB) Viewed 807 times
Very nice, Linda. You guys have given me alot of great ideas, thank you
suzib wrote: Joe, could you crop your way so I can see what you are talking about.

Suzi, Here is what I was thinking about. A close crop with the flower flowing off the right side of the photo. This puts a distant, blurred background in the lower left and upper right corners, and the flower in the lower right with the bee as the main attraction in the upper left "sweet" spot, or in this case, the "honey" spot. All I did here was a crop, no sharpening or other enhancements. It is a great photo, that is why there are so many nice ways to present it.
Joe

Attachments

Joe

Joe's Place
My Zenfolio

Life is too short to drink cheap wine!
13 posts Page 2 of 2