Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
14 posts Page 2 of 2
See...so similar. You learn something new every day. I don't know much about that camera but I would guess the cost is up near $2K from what I see online. I'm sure there are bargains out there.

You can't go wrong with either one........they are both quality cameras it's the options/cost/feel that one must weigh to find their best fit. I found mine if I could just get it out of the closet...........yikes!!! :lol:
Jen Clark
Canon 7D/50D, 5D Mark II, Lenses: 16-35m 2.8L, 85m 1.2L, 85m 1.8, 50m 1.8 II, 70-200 2.8 IS II, 1.4 extender
Currently working with CS5/LR3/Aperture 2
http://imagesbyjeniferclark.com ...Images by Jenifer Clark...
genevh
Nascar photos? Where's the Nascar photos at? Sounds like you've had some great seats at the races. I've only been to one race, which was at the inaugural race at the Chicagoland Speedway in Joliet, IL. What an experience!!! The only down side to going to a race is dealing with the traffic getting there.

I live about 30 miles from where Sterling Marlin lives, so I am required to put him in the list of my favorites along with Jeff Gordon and D.J. :P
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Nikon D7000, CS4, Lightroom 4

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
When looking at matching equipment with the type of photography you shoot, the new VR (vibration reduction) lenses really add a lot to sports and nature photography. You can set them to either reduce handshake or for panning mode which works well for you race and hockey fans.
Gary
D7000, D90, D200 ...and plenty of lenses.
"[i]Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.[/i]"
The Nikon I was looking at had 3 per second and the Canon had 6.5 per second

OK...that makes perfect sense, then. My Nikon D70s is rated for 3 fps on burst mode. It takes excellent pictures, though. I'm quite satisfied with it for now.

Nascar photos? Where's the Nascar photos at?

If you're interested, my Nascar stuff is here. None of those were taken with a VR lens. I used a 70-300mm Quantaray they sold me (sorta cheap) when I bought the camera. I now have the Nikor 70-200mm f2.8 VR, and also picked up a 2x teleconvertor. Nascar will have to wait till next year for those shots!
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
14 posts Page 2 of 2