Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
18 posts Page 1 of 2
I have read that you can change your focus button to one of your back buttons. Has anyone done it and if so do you like it better that way??? Also is this doable to a canon rebel xt?
Suzi,
Which 'focus button' do you refer to? Maybe to change from average, spot or other?
I don't understand.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
When you push on your shutter release, the camera focuses. I read that you can change that to a button on the back of your camera. So you push that button to auto focus and not the shutter release button.
Suzim

I dont have that feature on my 30D.

Closest thing is Custom Settings, Number 01, that allows you to use the Set button to reprogram Image Quality, Picture Style, Menu Display, Image Replay.

If your XT/XSi(?) has this it might be there.

I have never felt inclined to mess with the custom settings except for ISO expansion.
John
I have both of those, John. A googling I will go!!!
Suzi - I used it for a while but ended up switching it back. In the XSI, it's set under Custom Function 10.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Why did you switch it back, Sunny? Was it not a good thing??
I was afraid you were going to ask me that. Something about it must have bugged me, but for the life of me I can't recall what. I'd say, give it a try. You can always switch back. I've been shooting more and more in manual, where exposure lock doesn't come in to play; maybe that's why.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
On my D70s I have my AE-L/AF-L button programmed for focusing. I really like it there as I can lock focus, recompose, and shoot without worrying about my focus changing. It took a little getting used to, and I would forget occasionally that it was there, but once I got used to it I found I really liked it. Now I never have to worry about my focus changing when I am recomposing, and it has saved me a bit of frustration in that regards.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
That is what I read about, Gene. How long did it take you to get used to it? So, if you want to refocus, you just hit the button again??
18 posts Page 1 of 2