Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
40 posts Page 4 of 4
I'll own up to what I think was the only mention of Kodak here - but that was about a particular sensor used in a Pentax. I did, in fact, have a really bad Kodak digital camera about five years ago - no idea where it went but I had to keep re-installing the downloader and docking kit. Anyway, we should all be grateful to Kodak - where would we be now without their opening up of photography to the amateur? And I really have to get to the museum in Rochester one day - it's not all that far away from here.

Just noticed Rusty's equipment list - Bronica ETRS - loved that one. Used one for a while when I did a bit of photography for a little magazine. Heard of one for sale here a few months back - $500 for the ETRS and three lenses and some other bits.... I was nearly tempted to go back to film for that. Nearly.
PSE6 on WinXP, Pentax K10d...... and now a Canon G10.

Gallery
dondiego wrote:

Like Gene I would love to get a D700 by the way the 24-120 lens is not very sharp according to Ken Rockwell test.

Don,

Have a look at this:
http://www.bahneman.com/liem/blog/artic ... well_Facts
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
and just to make the whole megapixel thing pointless.......... I found this on the front page of the Ken Rockwell site....

"Resolution

As of 2008, resolution is nothing more than a sales pitch to get you to pay more. I've made great-looking 12x18" prints from a three megapixel camera, so 6 MP is more than enough for me, or anyone. Honestly, I usually shoot all of my higher-resolution cameras turned back down to 6MP!"

I'd never heard of Ken Rockwell before!

Gallery
Ken Rockwell sounds to me like a very opinionated individual. Besides,opinions are like noses...most everyone has one.... :D
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Mitchel, thank you!!!
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Shalom,
Don
A well conseived image is a poem written with light.
PSE6 - Lightroom - CS3 - Win-Vista -Epson 7800
Nikon D80 - D-700 - Canon G9
http://www.condeimaging.com
Hi my friends:
If any of you ever would like to go back to film I have a my ETRS for sale:
Body, Prism Finder and 75mm Lens, 40mm, 50mm and 150mm lenses,
2-120 back, 1-35mm film back, 1-220 back, Polaroid Back all in original boxes. $600.00

I also have 2- Dynalite1000 watts Power Packs ea. w/ Slave and 2 Flash Heads, 1-set barn Doors, 2- HD stands, Ext. Cables Super Heavy Duty Case Retail ea. at B&H for $1,189.95 get the two for $1,500.00 or best offer plus shipping.

Also 4-Nikon F3 bodys with motor drives and many nikon lenses from 50mm to 500mm including the 35mmPC lens for architecture at best offer prices.
Contact me by PM.
Shalom,
Don
dondiego wrote: Hi my friends:
If any of you ever would like to go back to film I have a my ETRS for sale:
Body, Prism Finder and 75mm Lens, 40mm, 50mm and 150mm lenses,
2-120 back, 1-35mm film back, 1-220 back, Polaroid Back all in original boxes. $600.00

I also have 2- Dynalite1000 watts Power Packs ea. w/ Slave and 2 Flash Heads, 1-set barn Doors, 2- HD stands, Ext. Cables Super Heavy Duty Case Retail ea. at B&H for $1,189.95 get the two for $1,500.00 or best offer plus shipping.

Also 4-Nikon F3 bodys with motor drives and many nikon lenses from 50mm to 500mm including the 35mmPC lens for architecture at best offer prices.
Contact me by PM.

I am going to show my total ignorance here, but what is an ETRS (camera I assume?) I am just curious...
Charles

Inspeqtor's Gallery
Canon XSi - 18-55mm IS lens - 70-300 IS USM lens
PSE5 / PSE6
WinXP - Pentium 4 CPU 2.4GHz - 1.0GB Ram
ETRS is (or was) a superb medium format camera, made by Zenza Bronica. Used 120 roll film and was often compared unfavourably to the Hasselblad - very unfairly, in my opinion. It just happened to be sold at a far more realistic price. Superb lenses. I don't think I want to re-invest in film again, though if I happened to come across one "in granny's attic" I'd probably go for it in a big way. I'm not sure, but perhaps there's a digital back available for it now.

http://www.tamron.com/assets/pdfs/ETRS.pdf

Gallery
George,

Thank you, and a big bonus was the PDF file!! What does ETRS stand for? I did not see that in the manual.
Charles

Inspeqtor's Gallery
Canon XSi - 18-55mm IS lens - 70-300 IS USM lens
PSE5 / PSE6
WinXP - Pentium 4 CPU 2.4GHz - 1.0GB Ram
ETRS was the model, the previous model was known as the ETR may be it stand for Extra Terrestial Shooters or something like that :D
Shalom,
Don
40 posts Page 4 of 4