Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
I've got my camera set for Raw plus jpg. When I downloaded the pictures, it's showing me two copies of a .jpg (but only one says .jpg file in the description....the other copy doesn't have a description. Is that normal? I thought I should see cr2 and jpg as the file types. Even in the camera, it's not showing me cr2. We're leaving on the cruise day after tomorrow, and I want to be sure I've got the camera set properly.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Sunny, go into Windows Explorer and find the folder where the photos are stored. Does it show the .cr2 files in there?

If not, make sure that your settings for RAW + JPEG are correct. (p. 64 of the User's Manual).

Also, note that RAW + JPEG only works in the Creative Zone modes (P, Av, Tv, M and custom).
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
As usual, Chuck has it spot on.

You will also find that (at least my 30D and G6) will only shoot RAW in the zone settings that Chuck mentioned.

I shot RAW+JPEG when I was switching to RAW and found that Organizer seemed to recognize that and Stacked them (or something that made it a little hard to figure out what was going on.
John
I'm shooting manual. I switched it back to RAW only, and I can see the RAW file on the camera. It's possible that the dial was switched to something other than M..I'll go check that and try again. Thanks. S

PS - went to a tiny little chapel on a freezing cold hilltop today and have a some sun flare pix for the LR Challenge (over-exposed).
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
I did have it in manual, and I think it's doing what John said....stacking them or something. The Organizer will show a CR2 file only if I have shot as RAW only. My daughter doesn't have any softward installed that will read the CR2 files. I bet if I can find the Elements software I gave her and get it installed I'll see the RAW files. Thanks again..........I sure don't want to have things all screwed up for this trip.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Sunny, if you download the DNG converter from the Adobe website, you can convert the .cr2 files to .dng, which then should be readable by many/most image viewers.
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
Thanks, Chuck. I got Elements 5.02 and the latest ACR installed on her computer and can now see what i need to. I don't have a clue why I kept getting all the duplicate jpgs and no CR2 files showing up, but I think it's OK now. Working on someone else's computer is no fun. Thanks for taking the time to walk me through my stupidity. :-)
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
7 posts Page 1 of 1