Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
31 posts Page 1 of 4
I've been trying for the last hour to get my Vista OS laptop to work with my Nikon software. I can't seem to transfer photos from the CF card via card reader to the picture file. I have downloaded Nikon Transfer and even went so far as to install Nikon Picture Perfect and I still get the same no-go results. The computer recognizes the card reader but disconnects when I hit the transfer photo button.
Are there any Nikon users out there able to steer me in the right direction?
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Hmmmm, well... I'm using 2 Nikons right now and Vista, but I don't bother with Nikon software. Until you solve your problem, as a work-around you could just copy the photos from your card (the card reader is just another drive to Vista, right?) and paste them to wherever you want to put them.

Good luck.

Courtney
I tried the paste and copy thing. All I got was a message from PSE7 that it couldn't open the file because it wasn't the right type. There again,I could download them to my XP desktop and then transfer them via flash drive. That too is way too much work IMHO. Vista recognizes the card reader but not its content. All photos on the CF card are Jpegs.The only things that open at all are the two Nikon photo files. :?
Chas
Chas's Gallery
Chas, is your card a high-speed card? Not all readers can use those.
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
It's not a high speed card. I think the problem stems from my pre-Vista photo gear and the newer Vista OS. I checked the Nikon knowledgebase and there were many issues with Nikon software and Vista. The problems I'm having were not listed.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
I saw others with the same problrm elsewhere, but with no solution. Sorry. :cry:
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
I just heard from a friend on another forum about my dilemma. My CF card reader is not compatible with Vista. I looked for new drivers on the SanDisk site and my card reader craps out with XP. Looks like I'll have to get a new card reader.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
Chas that really stinks, they do that on purpose, i will have to upgrade my pse4 if i ever have to go to vista.
chas3stix wrote: I just heard from a friend on another forum about my dilemma. My CF card reader is not compatible with Vista. I looked for new drivers on the SanDisk site and my card reader craps out with XP. Looks like I'll have to get a new card reader.
Chas

Chas, just to be sure the card reader is the problem: have you tried downloading directly from your camera using the supplied cable and Nikon software?
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
No,Chuck. I usually avoid hooking my camera up to the computer. The problem is solved,though. I bought a new card reader that is Vista compatible. I also downloaded the Nikon software and it works like a charm. I also found out that if you have your file associations set up with a different program,PSE will fail to recognize it. Those using ACDSee take heed!
Chas
Chas's Gallery
31 posts Page 1 of 4