Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
I am having problems when downloading my photo's straight from my camera. Normally I would
download them straight from camera to Elements Organizer, but now it does not do that. When I want to download I have to go to my computer-nikon d80 then save them in my pictures folder...then after this is done my pictures are no longer on my camera...they are gone...erased???? Has anyone had this problem or
can anyone help me with this problem.

Thanks
blemaire
It's the little moments that make life big.
Nikon D200
bernell... a couple of things.

you should have a setting in the camera that says delete after downloading. (are something along that line, I think)

sounds like your adobe downloader has stopped working. I wonder if resetting your preferences would help. what does everyone else think?

seems like my downloader had stopped working at one point myself but I don't remember what I did??
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
I looked in the menu about deleting after downloading, but nothing, there is
something on elements organizer when I would start downloading that ask that question...I just don't know!!!! Do you think resetting the preferences would work? and how is that done? :help:
thanks
blemaire
It's the little moments that make life big.
Nikon D200
You might try reseting both camera and photoshop to default settings. It will vary with camera and version. Check in you camera setup tools (look in your manual). In PS try going to the preferences menu and hit the reset button.

Ron
Before I was just tired now I'm retired!
http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/23789
Bernell... give me a call on my cell and I will explain how to reset your preferences if the other suggestions don't work. Do you still see your Adobe downloader in your tool bar?
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Hi:

I had a problem downloading from my camera also, awhile back. I finally picked up a little card reader at Walmart, made sure I formatted the memory cards with the Camera, and have had no problems so far.

I also format the card each time before I go out to shoot new Photo's now. I just try to keep the memory cards as clean as possible.
HankW
PSE 6 , Lightroom, Fujifilm F40fd P & S, Nikon D 40 with some lenses,, Window's XP
http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/23461
My Adobe Photo Downloader will stop working ("program not responding") after a week to ten days of frequent use. If I close everything and restart the PC it's refreshed, working again and good for another week or two.

Also, I move the SD card from my D80 to an inexpensive card reader and download from that to the PC.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Just a thought but, when you are getting the photos from the camera, are you selecting them and moving (dragging) them to your PC or are you doing a copy and paste? When I got my new laptop a few months ago, it doesn't have the right slot for my PCMIA card I always used in the past so I had to upload directly from the camera until I got a SanDisk Multi card reader. I found with my Canon that if I selected and moved them to a folder on my PC or EHD it removes the photos from the card but if I select them and do a copy and paste, they stay on my camera.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
8 posts Page 1 of 1