Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
18 posts Page 1 of 2
I have a lot of old photos and slides I want to scan. My present scanner doesn't do slides...and for that matter doesn't do a great job on the old photos either. Can anyone recommend a decent scanner? Thanks! KC
I would like to know that too. My scanner sucks
suzi
I use a Dimage Scan Dual IV. Seemed to be pretty good bang for the buck. Does slides and negs (35mm) up to 4 at a time.

Steve - Toledo
There are probably a number that will do an equally good job. Maybe it's sorta like asking, "What's a good printer." ;)

I wanted a scanner that would do: documents, photo prints, slides and negatives. I ended up buying an Epson 4990 Photo and am 100% pleased with performance. If you do consider an Epson, I recommend you go to the Epson site, look at the Epson Store and click the link for "reconditioned products". It just so happened that, I had made up my mind to get this particular one, and they had one in stock - great price and I could see nothing to indicate anything other than "new in the box" condition.

The problem ... you never know what's on hand as reconditioned stock.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
I have an Epson Perfection 3200 Photo which is about 4 years old and the model is discontinued. This model looks to be the equivalent.

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/cons ... d=53540925

I love mine. It has adaptors for slides, 35mm film and transparencies.

Diana
Diana

Happiness is not having what you want, but wanting what you have.

~ Canon Rebel XTi ~ WinXP ~ PSE 5.0 ~ Pro Show Gold ~ Photoshop 6.0 ~
I use an Epson Perfection 2400 scanner. It scans both negatives and slides and I'm very happy with the job it does.

Ellie
I use an Epson Perfection 3170 that is about 4 years old. I LOVE IT! There is probably a newer, better model out now, but I have always been happy with my Epson scanners. Good Luck.
[size=150][b][color=#4000BF]Linda[/color][/b][/size]
[url=http://www.tootie501.blogspot.com][color=#0000BF]my blog[/color][/url]
[url=http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/?user_id=14677]EIGHT galleries and counting...[/url]
Thanks for the suggestions! There are so many scanners to choose from...good to hear what people are happy with. I borrowed a Dimage slide scanner a few years ago and it did the job, but the noise it made limited my patience! I have a LOT of slides!
I like the ability to scan negatives too. I recently came across a stash of negatives that would be interesting to go through. I'll check out the models mentioned here. Thanks again! (I tried to post this reply earlier...and it did not work)
I also have an Epson Perfection 2400 and have been satisfied with it.
Amy

"If you do everything right the first time, you'll never learn anything new."

General Gallery
Landscapes Gallery
CS4/PSE6/PE4/Win XP (Desktop) Vista Home Premium(Laptop)/Wacom Graphire4/
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 & FZ8
I got the Epson Perfection 2400 off of Craigs list and it has been great.

Michelle
18 posts Page 1 of 2