Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
23 posts Page 3 of 3
It was mentioned how slow Pentax's AF is. That is the one thing that put Canon on the same level as Nikon. The old 80-200mm Nikon f2.8 is a good lens and the lens of choice with pro sports photographers, but the AF was slow. Canon came out with the faster EOS system and many of the pros converted over to Canon. Right now, these are the two front runners. These would be your safe choices for the future, but I don't think any of us think the camera we just bought will be the last. I just got my D90 and I wonder how long it will be till I go to an FX format. Still, it would be nice though if all our lens would still work in the future. I think we could make a fortune if we could make a "good" SLR that would easily accept different mounts.
Gary
D7000, D90, D200 ...and plenty of lenses.
"[i]Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.[/i]"
Or keep making new ones that make you buy new stuff over and over?

I had a whole bunch of cable releases, flash extension cords, stuff that worked on any camera/flash, etc in 1972. None of them work now with my new(ish) Canon 30D. The one that really blew me away is that none of the flash extension cords worked on either the camera or the flash - too loose, so they changed the basic size of the connector. :twisted:

Oh wait, the tripod mount did, but no way I would trust my digital stuff with a tripod that was OK in 1972! The camera stuff (like me) had chunked up too much. :biggrin:
John
MichelB wrote:
geoff_chalcraft wrote: Doesn't appear to do raw files
http://digital-photography-school.com/olympus-sp-590uz

The link says 'has the ability to shoot in raw..."

Thanks, Michel - I'd missed that. Makes it a very interesting camera, then.
PSE6 on WinXP, Pentax K10d...... and now a Canon G10.

Gallery
23 posts Page 3 of 3