Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Has anyone had any experience with the subject camera. From what I have read it seems to have all the features plus RAW. I am interested in this camera, but welcome any comments based on experience with the camera.
Thanks.........David
Can't help you with the camera but wanted to welcome you to the forum.
I have no experience with Olympus cameras either, but Steve's Digicams reviewed it and they seem to like it.

Welcome to the forum!
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Yes, welcome. I noticed this camera and mentioned it in the other current discussion - hadn't realised at first that it handled raw until Michel pointed it out.
It does look like a very handy one-lens camera, but I didn't think it was going to be released until March.
I shall certainly keep my eye out for it - the only other good cameras in that price range are just about all P&S - good ones (like the Canon G10, Panasonic LX3), but they still have the inherent noise problems of all P&S.
I'll be keeping my eyes open for a thorough review from DPReview.com. They are currently just showing the Olympus model release statement and the specifications - I note the optional tele-converter that can give you focal length up to 1149mm (35mm equivalent) - with a 5x digital zoom that gives 3380mm! Staggering.
And it takes movies! http://www.dpreview.com/news/0901/09010705olympussp590uz.asp

[edit] - I just realised that I got this wrong - I was referring to the 590UZ (which hasn't been released yet) but the original question was about the 570UZ - anyway, my comments above refer to the 590. Sorry. [/edit]
PSE6 on WinXP, Pentax K10d...... and now a Canon G10.

Gallery
Suzi, GeneVH and Geoff,
Thanks for the welcome.
B&H is currently selling the SP565UZ and SP570UZ, and expects to be selling the SP590UZ soon.
Some user evaluations I have read complain about the electronic zoom being sporadic in zooming....not operating smoothly. It is a "lense" ring zoom rather than a lever zoom like on most P&S cameras. But I was hoping that some folks on this site, who I have followed in skill and knowledge level as evidenced by their end product, had experience with the SP570UZ. I trust the comments by the talent on this site.
Thanks again for the welcome.
David
I don't know anything about the camera, but I wanted to welcome you to the forum. Hope to see you around often.

Anita
Anita,
Thanks for the welcome.
David
7 posts Page 1 of 1