Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
21 posts Page 2 of 3
the product you are looking for is called a rainsleeve. They are sold by Optecha and I think they can be ordered direct from the company. The last time I looked they were six dollars for a package of two. They are fairly durable and reuasable. I'm not sure but B&H might also carry these. These are for DSLR cameras only and would be way to big for a P&S.
Thanks. They must have dropped the product. I just looked on the Optecha website and could find no such product offered. I'll keep looking.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
Ohhhhhhhhh, you are the best at finding things, Reka. Thank you!!
Wow, beautiful shots!
Thanks Reka,
I never think of Amazon. For books ... yes. For anything else ... never a thought.

You also solved my 'optecha mystery'. It's not 'optecha', it is "op/tech usa". I went to that website and see all sorts of interesting stuff.

Rusty

OK Rusty, we expect some storm/rain photos from you now. :P I guess I can wait until spring, because I doubt you'll be getting much rain in the next couple months. But you never know. If it were me, I would be shooting in a warm summer shower, not a cold winter one.

Courtney
Rusty, I bought mine at a local camera shop in Minneapolis. Bit of a commute for you. Try making your own with a clear plastic bag, scissors and a rubber band. I've even used hotel shower caps in a pinch.
You are right, Linda,
... too often we get caught up in "products" and forget the obvious opportunity for a home-made version. This rainsleeve is so low tech, I could make one that would probably function as well as my Walgreen's Bottle Diffuser does.

Courtney, I saw some pretty good photo ops one day last week but it was lightly snowing. I took the P&S because I didn't want the dSLR out in it. With a sleeve, wellllll :D

Rusty

Sorry Rusty, I gave you a typo. The name of the company is OPTECH. You can google it
21 posts Page 2 of 3