Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
71 posts Page 6 of 8
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Hi Angela! I love your photo! Fabulous idea!

And since you've asked I'll toss my suggestions onto the pile as well. :bigwink:

Personally I think you should stop trying to fix a background that isnt working for you.

I would complete the cut out of the face which is perfect btw.

I would then duplicate the background layer with the flower on it (assuming that is also the layer with that beautiful soft blue. The use free transform to stretch it so that the blue covers the entire top left area of your picture. Or just move it to cover the area without stretching.. try both and see which gives a better result.

You can then add a layer mask and paint black so that the original background (dandilion) area shows and the new additional background section will show over the current background problem areas. Use your brush tool at varying opacities to blend the edges of the two areas together.

Then turn your cut out back on and clean up around your selection a bit. Assuming it's a complete cut (and you have an original saved safely) I would probably just use a small eraser with soft edges at around 50-70% opacity and get as close in as you can. (it helps to use the [ and ] to adjust your brush size while you work. Work is small short strokes for more control in tight areas and if you need to undo you won't lose as much.

Hmm.. anyway.. that's my idea! :idea:
Michelle K.
My Gallery

PSE 5-6, CS3
Sony DSC H1, Canon Powershot A590 IS
Michel..... SHOW OFF!!! :rotfl:

Why is it so hard for me to find that darn weed? They seem to be everywhere! :doh:
Edit: I can just see me telling hubby... off to Paris to take Dandelion pictures.
Sounds good to me!! :chickendance:
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Michelle thanks for the thoughts and ideas. I am not quite that sharp on all of those techniques and don't know where to start. I was thinking of reshooting and placing the background a little more carefully.
I'm laughing at you, Kimi :rotfl:

What's up in Cajun Country? Dandelions are everywhere! (or, as Michel would say, dent de lion}

What's next? Are you going to post a quest for Kudzu pictures?

Rusty :biggrin:
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Rusty wrote: I'm laughing at you, Kimi :rotfl:

Oh please Rusty, people laugh at me all of the time.
I will have you know... I live in a very upscale part of our swampland. We are weed free evidently. :bigwink:

Angela, if you try a reshoot. Put the mouth closer to the flower. :P
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
We went to reshoot. 300 dandelion shots later (and a HUGE mess) here is a first attempt. "Mom please make sure my french tip nails show...."

What a great shot Angela, of course I might be just a little bit biased :D
Well you did get her the french tip nail kit for Christmas. I didn't even know what that was......
turtlespirit wrote: We went to reshoot. 300 dandelion shots later (and a HUGE mess) here is a first attempt. "Mom please make sure my french tip nails show...."

I DID notice the manicure! I thought gee, she's got French tip nails! :rotfl: You both should be pleased with this picture. :thumbsup:

Courtney
Rusty wrote: I'm laughing at you, Kimi :rotfl:

What's up in Cajun Country? Dandelions are everywhere! (or, as Michel would say, dent de lion}

Rusty :biggrin:

We call it 'Pissenlit', I have never heard the old 'dent de lion' in common usage (XVth century...) See the origin of the name in this Wikipedia article.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dandelion
Not only the roots are useful, as stated by Don, but the foliage is often prepared in salads. In French 'manger les pissenlits par la racine = to eat the dandelions from the roots' means being dead and buried...
Back to this picture: there is a lot of wind so that shooting flowers is not an easy task. I saw a number of them with a nice lighting, but I had to shoot randomly from over a 6 feet fence!
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
71 posts Page 6 of 8