Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
12 posts Page 1 of 2
Baby-sitting may be very addictive: Livia is not quite 2 years old, which means she is not too conscious of the camera. She only wants to check the results on the camera screen from time to time... It's after editing a lot of pictures taken this week that I thought of Don Diego's portrait challenge. True, I never thought of staging the shots and making her pose. Just try that with those kids! But I have to say you can't be wrong with such a cute and lively face. Even contrasty or backlit scene may be a good opportunity to capture moody portraits.
There is almost always a possibility to take advantage of various lightings, not by moving the kid, but by moving yourself around her, and being ready for the blessed moment when expression and lighting play together. The following 8 poses were taken with available light indoors or outdoors (except for flash fill-light for the completely backlit shot). Only obvious common point: rather soft lighting, even when lighting came from a large side window.

http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/38549
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Michel, these are super. No, you sure can't go wrong with such a cutie, but you did better than 'just not going wrong'.
Michel, they are great but number 5 is marvelous!!
She's beautiful! I love #3 the best, and #1 is my next favorite.

Courtney
Great portraits of a real cutie. Fantastic job,Michel.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Wonderful

Pick a favorite view? Impossible.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Thanks to all for your kind comments. If you love people (you do) and can appreciate good lighting (it's a matter of training and receptiveness) you can do it!
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S

Mes Galeries
What an adorable little girl. I like the various poses you got, especially #7. Great job. :thumbsup:
Michel, these are all marvelous. Can't decide between #2 and #3.
Joe

Joe's Place
My Zenfolio

Life is too short to drink cheap wine!
Here are the exif data. All shots with Canon 20D Sigma 17-70mm mode P (program)
LiviaExif.jpg
LiviaExif.jpg (157.55 KiB) Viewed 2089 times
Michel B

Mes Galeries
12 posts Page 1 of 2