Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
I was just thinking of what I really need in photography and what a want are two very different things.
What I need:
1-A camera that will have 10MGP minimun with RAW capabilities. My G-9 is a good choice.
2- A lens or 2 that will go from 24mm to 200
3- A good light weight tripod with ball head under $250.00 (I think to pay $500.00 for a tripod is insanity.) :biggrin:
4- A flash that will work cardless from the camera
5- A computer with lots of RAM and 1Tb HD with 2EHD's 500GB ea. minimum
6- A 20" Monitor as minimum size best if 24"
7- Adobe Elements 7 or CS3 or CS4 and Lightroom 2
8-Nik Silver Plug in for B+W conversions and a good Noice Reduction Program
9-Topaz, Portrait Professional and one HDR saftware
10- A monitor Calibration Software
11- Two sets of Cathys Profiles for my two favorites photo papers
12- An Epson or HP Pro Printer to print 11x14 images (my favorite size is 11x11)
13- A Bamboo Tablet
Anything else? :D
Shalom,
Don
A well conseived image is a poem written with light.
PSE6 - Lightroom - CS3 - Win-Vista -Epson 7800
Nikon D80 - D-700 - Canon G9
http://www.condeimaging.com
Uhh.....money to pay for it all?????

Looks like a good list. You don't already have it all, though? :D
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Don, years ago I learned...

Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Looks to me like you are well on the way to happiness.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Gene, I have everything listed here with the exception of Nik silver and Topaz software and that is comming soon. Now, my printer is a 24" Epson Pro for I like to print two 11x11 prints at a time. When you are making 40 prints for a show then you realize how blessed you are to been able to make 2 prints insted of one cutting the production time in half. The 11x11 is my exibit size the other advantage of having a 24" printer is if a customer whants a BIG print you have the printer to do it in house and while he/she waits. I have large prints in my home and studio but to be sincere bigger prints don't fill my eye they fill my pockets and that is why I make them. :rotfl: But when I print for me and 11x11 print is all I will make. Someone said long time ago "If you can't make it good make it big." I think that is the trend we are seen in photography today.

Rusty, like you I also realized long time ago that happiness is wanting what you have. None of those things give me happiness they just make my work easier. :biggrin:

My happiness come from my two real treasures which are my wife and son. :D

Now I think as photographers we need all the tools on that list if we want to be consistent in the quality of work we produce and sell. That's why I'm always encoranging people to sell their pictures that way their tools pay for their tools and don't have to strain the family budget. :biggrin:

This list don't include the other stuff a studio needs like, lighting, backgrounds, stands, stools, posing tables, mat cutter, mat and framing materials and the list goes on. So if any one here is thinking in going pro well I hope this list will help you to see in what you are getting into.

Now this is my what I want list:
1- I want to make 3 books this year.
2- I want to produce 3 shows this year.
But what I really need is time. :o
Shalom,
Don
A well conseived image is a poem written with light.
PSE6 - Lightroom - CS3 - Win-Vista -Epson 7800
Nikon D80 - D-700 - Canon G9
http://www.condeimaging.com
4 posts Page 1 of 1