Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
27 posts Page 1 of 3
I was bumming around today in one of my favorite "photo op locations", Milwaukee's Third Ward. Yes, you will see some images in a day or so :bigwink:

There are lots of galleries there and I always stop in at the two or three that feature photography. This gal (know that's sexist but I don't care) just blew me away. WOW.

Look at some of her work: http://www.wisconsinphotos.com/
It's impossible to say, "this one is best", but I especially like these three:
Seasons #6 (sure would like to know what she did in Photoshop to that one)
Feathers #4 Fantastic (IMHO)
Scapes #3 (places like this are all California has going for it IMHO :D )

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Hey, now Rusty, California has a lot of great stuff to photograph. Be nice to us!!! She does have some nice stuff but I must say a lot of it looks photoshopped.
I agree with Suzi - California rocks!! :woohoo:
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
California, One of the most beautiful states in the world!!!!!!
I wished I lived there :thumbsup:
Linda

Snowfall's Gallery
"struggling to learn"
Well, Boy, Exxxcuuuuuse Me ... I sure did get beat up on this one :biggrin:

All right California is OK, I guess. After all, my three oldest grandchildren were born and live there.
(It just ain't my style)

I still think her stuff is pretty darned good. She photoshopped it??, well why not -- isn't that one of the main points of this forum? Hmmmm?

Rusty 8-)

California is a nice place to visit, but I couldn't afford to live there. So her stuff is Photoshopped....no biggie!
You still have to have a good shot to start with.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Some really lovely shots there, quite inspirational. And, ya know, I think California might almost be as nice as Dorset!
PSE6 on WinXP, Pentax K10d...... and now a Canon G10.

Gallery
Whoa, this one is awesome to me!
Yeah, Shari, that is pretty cool.

There were two different Snow Owl prints (really big prints) on display in the gallery. That one and the one where the owl is flying straight at you. I can look at her landscapes and say, "OK, that's nice", and if its a view I know, I can even figure out where she was standing. But, with some of the animals, and especially the birds, I can only shake my head and think, "Where in the world was she and how did she get that!"

Rusty

Yes, the Snowy Owl is marvellous......... I got a few reasonable shots of other owls a couple of months ago and saw some Snowy Owls too..... but couldn't get within 50 meters of them. Which makes me really wonder about the photographer (Kristen Westlake) - taking huge landscapes, wildlife, macros, abstracts and all the other things - each skill is hugely time consuming - she's like four photographers rolled into one.
PSE6 on WinXP, Pentax K10d...... and now a Canon G10.

Gallery
27 posts Page 1 of 3