Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
24 posts Page 3 of 3
Tina, I placed the camera inside a bottle and place it on the ocean let me know when you get it. :rotfl:
Shalom,
Don
A well conseived image is a poem written with light.
PSE6 - Lightroom - CS3 - Win-Vista -Epson 7800
Nikon D80 - D-700 - Canon G9
http://www.condeimaging.com
dondiego wrote: Tina, I placed the camera inside a bottle and place it on the ocean let me know when you get it. :rotfl:

Thanks Don I knew I could count on you :cheer2: It will have to come by way of Lake Michigan so it will take a while to make it's way through the great lakes I will have some of our friends from the Milwaukee area keep an eye out for it. You are such a good friend :thumbsup:
Tina B
Tina,
If you don't have any RAW photos to work on, you can open JPEGs into ACR. Take your JPEG photo and do an "open as". And click on ACR (NEF) in the drop-down box. Then make changes as if it was a RAW photo. I've done this many times using PSE5.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
WTG Tina,

I loved my D40, but don't really use it anymore sinceI upgraded to the D90. I have to agree with Don's assesment of Sigma ...good glass at a better price than Nikon. Of course the purist's out there will always try and pay the extra to get Nikon. That's not to say that every Nikon lens is the best. Check out Ken Rockwell's reviews to get some good info on lenses and even your D40. Remember, with the D40 and D60 Some of the older lenses won't auto focus. They need an internal motor in the lens to auto focus. Look for AF-S, AF-I designation for Nikon and HSM designation for Sigma. Either way double check for this before you purchase.

Have fun with your new toy.
Gary
D7000, D90, D200 ...and plenty of lenses.
"[i]Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.[/i]"
24 posts Page 3 of 3