Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
14 posts Page 1 of 2
I am hoping someone can give me some advice on this. My nephew's future fiancee is running for Miss California. The other day I was using her for portrait practice, she wants to use some of them in the Miss California book and needs a print release.
My question is this: How the heck do I word one of these things!!!!
Photograph Release
Your name,adddress etc.

I _Susan_____________Photographer on this date____________authorize _________________ to use my image File no._____________ Title_____________ of ____________ to be use for______________________only by________________. (If you are authorizing for one use only)
_______________________ ____________________________
Her name Her Signature

Notary Public

Susan, I have some at home that I use but I'm not at home now so I'm just giving you the general idea. When I get home tonight I give you the real thing. My wife made it for mwe she is a legal secretary.
Shalom,
Don
A well conseived image is a poem written with light.
PSE6 - Lightroom - CS3 - Win-Vista -Epson 7800
Nikon D80 - D-700 - Canon G9
http://www.condeimaging.com
You are an angel, my friend!!! I have never done this before, as you can tell. I really appreciate you doing this for me, I am so lost when it comes to something like this.
Oops. another question, she is going to be my niece-in-law down the road. Should I also get a release from her. She told me I can do whatever I want with the photos I took but should I protect myself anyway. Especially if she should happen to win Miss California.
If so, what should that release say???
I am full of questions today
Susan my experience tells me always cover you back :D . I had a similar experience many moons ago for a young lady that was a candidate for Miss US Virgin Islands. When I did the pictures her mom signed my model release. When she won the contest the mother call me to change the release I told her sorry to late to cry. I never made any significant amount of money with the young lady pictures other than what she originally paid me for the porfolio. But if the occation would have come for me to makle money out of her pictures I was covered by law. Some people change when they thing they are queens insted of just regular people so cover your back ALWAYS.

I will make the release for the duration of the competition but during and after that you continue to own the rights to the pictures. The contest can use the pictures at no charge until she wins after that they have to pay you every time the pictures is used if you so desire.
Shalom,
Don
Don Diego, what would I do without you. Great advice and you are so right. Cover my back!!!
Suzi,
That's how I feel about you. You have helped me so much on this forum.
I can't say thank you enough.
Linda

Snowfall's Gallery
"struggling to learn"
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, thank you, Linda. You have made me blush!!! :love: :love:
Well my amiga Susan, like someone once said "Today for you tomorrow for me and One hand was the other and both wash the face" How many times have you giving me a hand? If I start counting I'll never end. Glad to help. :D
Shalom,
Don
Thank you so much, Don Diego. Can't wait to get the release from you. I also want to thank you so much for your portrait thread, it was what I was practicing. Will post some before and after with reflector later today. What a difference it made.
14 posts Page 1 of 2