Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
I have Nikon D40 and another question. I have read through the book that came with the camera and can not find the answer I need. Is there a way to set so the file numbers continue after you clear the memory card? I shot the first 400 or so photos and they numbered 1 through 400 and when I cleaned off the card, did not format it the second time, the numbers started over again at 1. I would like the numbers to continue in order. Is that possible? Point me to the right settings please.
Tina B
I don't have a D40 but Nikon is pretty good about not reinventing the wheel with each camera model. I'm going to guess your D40 menu settings are the same as mine.

Go to the Setup Menu (opposite the little wrench icon) and look for the item named File no. sequence ... set this to ON.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Tina ... PS

Go here: http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d40/us ... -guide.pdf

That's a PDF file; it's 89 pages long. Click the save icon on your web-page toolbar and now you've got it on your PC. I copied the file to a thumb drive and took it to Kinko's for printing for a lot less $$ than draining my ink jet of ink (cost me three or four bucks in B&W). When they look and see that it is obviously © material they may question you about "permission"; tell them to look at the very top of page 2 where such permission is granted.

Take what he says about his personal likes and dislikes with a grain of salt. Personally, I probably follow about 80% of what he says.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
:thanks: :thanks: I have it now and lots of good reading to go along with my answer.
Tina B :thumbsup:
Tina,
If you use Nikon Transfer to move your pics from the card or camera to your computer,it asks you what file number you want to start with before you transfer your pics. I hope this helps.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
5 posts Page 1 of 1