Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
I finally broke down and ordered the Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1. It should be here tomorrow. :cheer2: The camera kit comes with a 15-45mm lens and I also ordered the 45-200mm lens. It's not categorised as a true DSLR as it doesn't have a mirror, but it's more than a point & shoot (larger sensor enabling it to rival photos from a DSLR). A trip to the local camera store and a review of some sample pictures made up my mind. I just can't handle the size and weight of a DSLR, but the G1 felt perfect -- only slightly larger than my Panasonic Lumix DSC-FZ8. I can't wait to give it a try. Hopefully the weather will cooperate later this week.
Amy

"If you do everything right the first time, you'll never learn anything new."

General Gallery
Landscapes Gallery
CS4/PSE6/PE4/Win XP (Desktop) Vista Home Premium(Laptop)/Wacom Graphire4/
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 & FZ8
Congratulations, Amy
Wow, sounds good. Have fun with it and show us your photos.
Way to go,Amy!! Good luck with the new digicam. :woohoo: :woohoo:
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
How exciting, Amy! Can't wait to see those wonderful shots!
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Congrats Amy!!
It's always great to have a new toy :chickendance:
:thanks: Well, the camera came this afternoon. :woohoo: I charged the battery and have been busy reading the manual and getting the setup done. A lot of new buttons, settings and menus, but somewhat similar to my FZ8. I took a few quick shots indoors and I'm very satisfied with the results so far. It's been a very gray/cloudy day here today with rain expect for tomorrow. But, hopefully I'll have something to post over the weekend.
Amy

"If you do everything right the first time, you'll never learn anything new."

General Gallery
Landscapes Gallery
CS4/PSE6/PE4/Win XP (Desktop) Vista Home Premium(Laptop)/Wacom Graphire4/
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 & FZ8
8 posts Page 1 of 1