Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
23 posts Page 2 of 3
Joe,
There are 24 in all. IMHO they're worth the time watching.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Chas, I watched all episodes & found them each very helpful.
Since I have little knowledge of cameras/lenses, I thought I might find the info difficult to understand. --- not so, as Matt & Scott present everything in an interesting & friendly manner.
Do you know if there is a subsequent series --- or other free videos similar to Dtown?
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
They said in the last video that they were going to doing another series, but didn't say what it was going to be about or when it would be up and running.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
http://www.lightroomkillertips.com/

Q. What is going on with Photoshop User TV and your DTown TV shows? They haven't been updated in a while?
Matt's answer:
A. Sorry, had to kick this off with a non-LR question but I've been getting asked this a lot lately. Photoshop User TV took a break while we tweak the set and overall show. Things are wrapping up so we're hoping to get a show in by the end of October or at least the beginning of November. And things will be WAY different so make sure you stay tuned. DTown TV, as you may have heard, ended about 2 months ago. We did our last show and announced that we'd be back (in a month) with a brand new show. Well, one month turned into two and with the whole Photoshop User TV redesign things are taking a little longer then we expected. Rest assured a "digital photography" based show will be back right after we get Photoshop User TV going and rest assured that I'll be mentioning it all over this site when its ready - and rest assured that some one will complain that either 1) I'm talking about non-Lightroom related info and that I should stop promoting my other stuff or, 2) That the new show we do doesn't talk about their specific camera and about exactly what they wanted from the new show :)
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Thanks for the update,Betty.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
Just checked the DTown TV web site. Good news Scott Kelby and Matt Kloskowski will be back on January 7,2010.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
Chas, u made my day amigo.

Gary, I'm with Susan we missed you guy.
Don
Shalom,
Don
A well conseived image is a poem written with light.
PSE6 - Lightroom - CS3 - Win-Vista -Epson 7800
Nikon D80 - D-700 - Canon G9
http://www.condeimaging.com
Scott Kelby has opened a new web site where he has brought together many of the ...TV videos including D Town TV among others. You can find it at this site http://kelbytv.com/. Here Matt talks about the new D Town TV scheduled to start on Jan 07, 2010. It will include all things digital rather than concentrate on Nikon equipment. I'm looking forward to it.
Joe

Joe's Place
My Zenfolio

Life is too short to drink cheap wine!
dondiego wrote: Chas, u made my day amigo.

Gary, I'm with Susan we missed you guy.
Don

I've been busy lately. Hope to be on more through the rest of the winter, but been digging out for the past four days. Second biggest snow storm in Philly history and I inheirited nearly a mile of sidewalks when I took this job ...not to mention about an acre of blacktop. I'm responsible for clearing all of it ...UGH.

I'll be down in your area of the pond in February Don. So save us some good weather friend. Doing a Western Carribean cruise with my mother, sister and her boyfriend. We'll be just leaving Key West about kick off time on Superbowl Sunday. Should be a really fun experience to be onboard for a Superbowl party. They have a really huge 24'x14' LED screen on the main deck. I just hope the Eagles make it this year. My sister's BF is a diehard Vikings fan though.

Looking forward to the new series by Scott and Matt too. I guess they had to address all those poor guys stuck with those Canons ... :D
Gary
D7000, D90, D200 ...and plenty of lenses.
"[i]Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.[/i]"
Looks like the new and improved version of DTown TV won't be starting until some time next week as per Scott Kelby. Seems the rebuild of the set is taking longer than expected.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
23 posts Page 2 of 3