Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
30 posts Page 2 of 3
That was the first time I'd seen something like that on any site I went to and voted for someone.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
I really don't know how long it takes for a new member to be verified? I registered and it accepted my registration. But it says I can't vote. Guess I'll try again later.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
My vote was placed this afternoon. Actually, just a few minutes ago.

Russ
chas3stix wrote: I really don't know how long it takes for a new member to be verified? I registered and it accepted my registration. But it says I can't vote. Guess I'll try again later.
Chas

Chas, you have to wait for the second e-mail after you activate your registration from the first e-mail.

Thanks so much for the votes so far. I hope they count. As of right now I am in the lead with 8 votes. Not sure how long the voting goes. I think it is a week.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
ut oh, someone else has friends, lol. Only in the lead by one vote now.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Kim,
I got my second email and they still won't allow me to vote for you. That's just not right.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
thats odd, thanks anyway Chas.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
I got my 2 emails off to try and vote.

BTW I love your photo kim - it really is great
Thanks Angela. Just checked and I am still at 12 votes and I am in 2nd place now which doesn't make sense since a have received a a couple of e-mails this morning from friends that said they voted and yet my votes aren't going up but Charlee's are. Guess they voted for Charlee and not me. lol

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
" As you know the winner of the competitions is decided by a vote of forum members all of whom are entitled to vote. Voting for yourself is perfectly acceptable and is not a problem. However I'm not too sure whether or not getting friends to sign up purely to vote for a particular entry is within the spirit of the competitions.
After a problem in a previous competition I put a mechanism in place that highlights when this type of thing happens and sets an alert if the voting seems a little "unusual".
Of course any incident will be assessed on its merits but in the spirit of a fair fight it's something to keep in mind."

Kim,
That was me they were talking about.
Last year I entered & was suddenly removed because of the exact thing stated above. I had no idea, but my husband had people at work vote & they thought it was an unusual amount of voting at one time. Anyways, it got pretty nasty between them & myself. The stinky part about it was that I didn't know anything about it & it was all done innocently by my husband, thinking he was doing a nice thing for me. The only person I had asked to vote for me is Suzib. The part that upset me was John didn't have the decency to email me first before posting my name on his website & claiming I was purposely cheating to win & how sad it was that I would go to such lengths to get a free action, blah, blah, blah. I was so angry. My husband went to work the next day & posted an apology & explained what had happened. I wish he didn't apologize, because he didn't do anything wrong, but he saw how upset I was. The best part was according to John I was winning anyway. Im sure if you look far enough back you will be able to find the entire incident in the "Competition" section of the website. I will be going to the site now to vote for you. Good luck!
Linda

Snowfall's Gallery
"struggling to learn"
30 posts Page 2 of 3