Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
14 posts Page 2 of 2
I believe that 30 minutes is sufficient to get good star trails. My question is how did they handle the city on the horizon? All that light would wash out a 30 minute exposure, even at f/22 and ISO 200. Love to give it a try some night. I like Dane's idea of using Scotch to get the correct exposure. :toast:
Joe

Joe's Place
My Zenfolio

Life is too short to drink cheap wine!
Both my canon xti and 40D have the ability to do bulb without you standing there the whole time. I know the book says you have to hold the shutter button, but the instruction books also don't mention a wonderful invention called a locking cable release. I have them for both cameras. This lovely gadget allows you to push the shutter button on it and while holding the button down and sliding it forward it locks the button down until whenever you come back to release it.
Isn't that great, Linda

My film Canon, like most cameras of that era, had a threaded hole in the center of the shutter button. Screw in a cable release and then use the thumb-screw to do exactly what you describe. I can't quite visualize what you are explaining, but I get the drift.

I just knew there had to be some way to do it with a Canon.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Hmmm, I have a lazy Susan... I like the idea of faking the star trails! :idea: Plus, I can't stand Scotch.

Courtney
14 posts Page 2 of 2