Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
I had someone out to look at my computer & they had to un & reinstall PSCS3. When I went to use it I noticed I have a old ACR. There's no clarity, vibrance etc..I don't remember which one I had or how to install it. I have CS3 and my camera is Canon rebel xti.
Can someone help me with this?
Linda

Snowfall's Gallery
"struggling to learn"
Linda,

The easiest way is to launch CS3, then click on Help, Updates.

As soon as the updater starts to respond, close CS3. The updater will continue and you will have the latest version supported by CS3 - ACR 4.6

What Adobe does not tell and the help desk appears not to know is that the updater will not work unless CS3 is not running. If you get a message - unable to install - make sure CS3 is closed and click on the try again button.
John
John, I did as you said, but the only thing it updated was Adobe Reader.

What do I do now?
Linda

Snowfall's Gallery
"struggling to learn"
Linda, go here and download it and install it your self. The instructions are on the same page, be sure to print them or write them down. Let me know if this works for you

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/ ... ftpID=4036
Suzi's got it, but in case you miss it, the plug-in goes here -

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CS3\File Formats

The "old one" should be there, just replace it. Do NOT rename the old file. Either replace it or delete it, then copy the new one in.
John
I looked in my file formats and there is no camera raw plug in. For the life of me I cant find where the old one is at.

Linda

Snowfall's Gallery
"struggling to learn"
You went to the wrong directory. It's:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CS3\File Formats

Common Files isn't underlined though in the directory tree..... :puter:
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Got it!! Thank you Gene, Suzi & John.

Gene, I never saw common files.
Funny how I have looked at same path a thousand times out of habit, but not really see it.
Linda

Snowfall's Gallery
"struggling to learn"
You are most welcome, glad you got it working
Funny how I have looked at same path a thousand times out of habit, but not really see it.

Very easy mistake to make. My job, being rather technical, makes me pay attention to the small details that are real easy to overlook sometimes. Glad you got it! :thumbsup:
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
10 posts Page 1 of 1