Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
I would like to get a P&S camera to put in my purse. I'm tired of not having a camera with me when I'm at work, shopping, etc.

I would appreciate any suggestions on what you would recommend and why you like that particular camera.

:thanks: in advance.
Carol, I have an Olympus 7 MP that I keep in the car 'just in case'. It has really come in handy for the shot I don't want to miss and my other P/S is at home. It is small enough for pocket or purse and takes great pictures. Downside is that it only has a 3X optical zoom and you have to use the LCD to frame the picture.

My other P/S is a FugiFinePix, 10 MP, 12 X optical zoom and you can frame with the LCD or though the viewfinder. It is too large for the pocket, might fit in a purse if you have a big enough one. I really have no downside to this camera as a P/S. (Wish I had one of those 'good' ones.)

If you don't care about the extra zoom and aren't shooting in the bright sun, I can really recommend the Olympus.
I thoroughly agree with Tennie. There are a boatload of medium to small (in size) P&S cameras on the market. All the "big name manufacturers "have them.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Thanks, Tennie & Chas for your comments. I have been looking in the stores & online, but I was hoping if someone had one they really liked, they would let me know.
The best advice I could give anyone is go to a big-box store and handle the display models. Only you know what feels best in your hands. If you stick with a major brand,you can't go wrong. My first digicam was an Olympus...all my other cameras are Nikon.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
5 posts Page 1 of 1