Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
15 posts Page 2 of 2
snowfall wrote: All this really helpd a lot, Thank you all.

Now, if anyone has a mac, can they tell me is there anyway to access camera raw (jpegs's also, not only raw files) in CS4 without going through bridge.

In CS3 I would go to file>open as. There is no "open as" in CS4.

In CS4 go to File>Open, then browse to the file that you want to open and select it (single click). In the lower left corner of that same browse box there is a drop down menu labeled 'Format' It defaults to the type of file that you select, i.e. if you select a jpeg it defaults to jpeg. You can change it to 'Camera Raw' and then click 'Open".
Joe

Joe's Place
My Zenfolio

Life is too short to drink cheap wine!
Joe,

Good to hear that. Now, is there a setting that you can do that will make it effective as the default for opening jpegs?
John
You really want ALL Jpegs to open in ACR? I'd have thought it was the exception and not the rule.
PSE6 on WinXP, Pentax K10d...... and now a Canon G10.

Gallery
I have to agree with Geoff. I would not want jpeg images to default to Camera Raw. I am not at my home computer now, but I do not believe that you can change the default, which, in CS4 on a Mac, is to open the file in its original format.
Joe

Joe's Place
My Zenfolio

Life is too short to drink cheap wine!
Well, not sure what Linda is after.

Personally, I shoot 98% RAW and the occasional jpeg and have CS3 set to "prefer camera raw for JPEG" - as well as use Lightroom which enables this on all images. I have become so familiar with it in Lr and frequently use the Synchronize feature to propagate settings across images.

I don't use Bridge at all, although I did before Lr.
John
15 posts Page 2 of 2