Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
My September issue of Popular Photography arrived in the mail today. One of the featured photogs was Jonathan Smith, a Brit who has lived in New York for ten years. One of his projects, started several years ago, is the bridges of the city. Starting with a detailed map he located and plotted routes to bridges, old aqueducts and footbridges ... he was startled to find over two thousand. I found it amusing that he travels by bike with a tripod and 6x7 film camera in tow.

I think his work is wonderful. It inspired me; I hope you like it too.
http://www.jonathansmithphotography.com ... e-project/
I especially liked the several "fog images".

Look over on the left, there is more than just bridges. I found Night and the city equally appealing.

I love looking at stuff like this. It inspires me to try different things.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Rusty: I enjoyed those photos. Thanks for posting them.
Thanks for sharing, Rusty. Whatever his gear, this photographer has an eye!
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Aren't his compositions different? You don't get much of the bridge in his bridges gallery. Creative guy.

Courtney
Rusty,
Thank you for posting the link. I really enjoyed the photos. This gives me an idea for the next time I go to Michigan. I would love to have a book of the Ambassador Bridge that goes from Detroit to Windsor. Went over that bridge many times as a child when I lived in Detroit.
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Nikon D7000, CS4, Lightroom 4

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
5 posts Page 1 of 1