Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
I'm at kindergarten level when it comes to photography, so hope this isn't too basic for the rest of you.
No reading needed - The video can be opened into full screen
http://rickrawrulessammon.blogspot.com/ ... html#links
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Great video Betty. It is basic information but it is very informative. Not only for people who don't know these things but for of us who knew these things but have lost our perspective or thrown it out the window because of a dependency for Photoshop or other photo editing software. I am doing a wedding in October and watching this gave me new thoughts for the photos I will be doing. Since I will be flying back to Ohio for the wedding I had more thoughts on what bare essentials I would be taking with me. After seeing this, I am now going to more with me (actually with the extra cost of luggage now at most airlines, I will be shipping anything not breakable UPS to my in-laws, lol).

Thanks for posting this.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
That is excellent; really glad you posted this.

Rick Sammon is pretty darned good. One of my subscription magazines is Digital Photo (named changed this year from PC Photo) where he has a monthly "how to" article. I like him because he's not a "nazi". He's not a photography snob ranting about the necessity of mastering all the technical aspects of recording an image, nor is he a computer geek looking at Photoshop as the be all to end all.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Excellent video, Betty. It's basic information for some, perhaps, but we all need reminding about some of these things. I've been thinking about getting a real reflector (instead of a piece of white cardboard). I definitely have one on my wish list now. Also, watching this makes me want to go out right now and take some photos. :)

Anita
Very Good video and it makes no difference if you are a beginner or experienced photographer. All the topics covered were things I needed to either learn or refresh. I need to learn so much about lighting and I will watch this again.
Thanks for posting this to help us on our photo journey.
Tina B
5 posts Page 1 of 1