Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
I mentioned in another post that I have an ongoing project documenting construction/renovation at my church. The output is a slideshow (that's by 'my Church Lady', I don't do slideshows) running on the church website so people can see what's going on.

I started out shooting just about everything with a strobe flash (Nikon speedlight w/diffuser). I have learned from experience that they don't want artsy images. but sometimes I can't resist. I have been experimenting with "just natural light" to try to let the motion blur speak to the activity. I lot of stuff gets trashed; I really like some. I'm also relearning a lot about shutter speed.

These are four that i liked. Don't judge me by the composition, I cropped all square just to fit on a single page...

I realize that some of my creations are "too much" for the website so I will shoot some things twice. For this one, the "slow speed shot" actually reminds me of Marcel Duchamp's Nude Descending a Staircase ... I doubt that one will be used 8-)

I will be surprised if she selects the flash shot over the slow shot for this...

I'm having fun.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Rusty, these are perfect examples of the use of shutter speed to get different looks. Looks like you're having fun with these.

Anita
Did you say NUDE CONSTRUCTION WORKER? In the CHURCH no less?! Well, I never! :biggrin:

I like natural light shots, and the way the motion blur helps to tell the story.

Courtney
Wonderful effect; the motion shows work is really in progress. I can understand why they do not want artistic photos in the slide show, but this sure gives you an opportunity to experiment. Keep having fun, Rusty, "Life is too short to drink cheap wine".

mtbspike wrote: Did you say NUDE CONSTRUCTION WORKER? In the CHURCH no less?! Well, I never! :biggrin:

Tell us really, Courtney, surely you must have!
Joe

Joe's Place
My Zenfolio

Life is too short to drink cheap wine!
:rotfl: :rotfl: Rusty these are great shots, and ones we so often ignore to get. I think they are fantastic and informative.
5 posts Page 1 of 1