Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
This is fantastic. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-13014439

First, read the narrative; especially the times required to assemble the images ... all 2,500 of them!

Then, follow the link in the second paragraph to the actual image. Use the left/right/up/down arrows to navigate around and then use "+" and "-" to zoom in and back out. Zooming in shows the amazing detail captured.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
The clarity is incredible ! How wonderful to be able to zoom in for the terrific details --- better than climbing a ladder to view.
Thanks for sharing
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
WOW! What a super pano! Thanks for the link,Rusty.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
I just get an error, Missing Plug-in, but nowhere can I find what the requirements are to view it, so I have no idea what the plug-in I'm missing is. :crying:

Courtney
Dunno. I'm using Chrome; opened up OK for me.
I have the ordinary stuff ... windows media payer, etc.

Try going directly to the image w/out the news article...
http://www.sphericalimages.com/st-pauls ... a-pan.html

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
It works now. :) I had to reboot my pc. I found I was also having trouble with the Eagle cam and one other site that normally works for me. All are back to normal now.

Chris and I both enjoyed the spherical pano. That is much easier for my mind to make sense of than a 360° pano that is flat and linear. Chris is a spinny kid - especially when he was younger he often would often stand in place and spin around and around. Well, he thought it was fun to do that in the pano too. :D

Courtney
Wow, Rusty, that is amazing. I think creating that image on my computer would bog it down to a slow crawl, a very very slow crawl.
Joe

Joe's Place
My Zenfolio

Life is too short to drink cheap wine!
Joe_Kostoss wrote: Wow, Rusty, that is amazing. I think creating that image on my computer would bog it down to a slow crawl, a very very slow crawl.

Did you see in the explanation the photographer said he could not edit any of the photos because it took way too long and his computer would just choke? Talk about having to pay attention and get it right in camera!

Courtney
8 posts Page 1 of 1